Transmission question and service bulletin

I have a similar problem with my 2013 Ford Edge AWD. I get a "Thumping Clunk" noise when braking to a rolling and stop 8-0 mph and during downshifting at high speeds when accelerating. I showed them two TSBs that are similar to my problem tsb11-05-06 and tsb11-12-10. They said these TSBs didn't apply to my 2013 Edge model. Is there any TSBs that would apply to these symptoms. The Ford dealer is saying that these "Thumping Clunk" sounds are normal.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi, I'm new here and I just found this forum because I'm having the same issues with my Trans. I am going to go to the dealer today or tomorrow but I just got off the phone with Ford and they told me my Powertrain warranty ended on March 21. (Grrr!) If I take the TSB to the dealer what can I expect? Will they work with me since it has only been a few weeks since it expired. What kind of cost am I looking at if they don't?

Are you still having this concern, jkedge09? Let me know and we'll go from there.

I have a similar problem with my 2013 Ford Edge AWD. I get a "Thumping Clunk" noise when braking to a rolling and stop 8-0 mph and during downshifting at high speeds when accelerating. I showed them two TSBs that are similar to my problem tsb11-05-06 and tsb11-12-10. They said these TSBs didn't apply to my 2013 Edge model. Is there any TSBs that would apply to these symptoms. The Ford dealer is saying that these "Thumping Clunk" sounds are normal.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hey Mark D'Andrea,

Have you been to a different dealer for a second opinion?

Todd

Edited by FordService

Are you still having this concern, jkedge09? Let me know and we'll go from there.

HI Todd, yes still having the issue. I took it to the dealer on Wednesday with the TSB 11-5-6 and they basically told me since my powertrain warranty was up it was a $600 job. If that was even the issue.

HI Todd, yes still having the issue. I took it to the dealer on Wednesday with the TSB 11-5-6 and they basically told me since my powertrain warranty was up it was a $600 job. If that was even the issue.

I'd like to connect you with your regional customer service manager, jkedge, who'll discuss possible options with you. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Todd

Hi, I'm new here and I just found this forum because I'm having the same issues with my Trans. I am going to go to the dealer today or tomorrow but I just got off the phone with Ford and they told me my Powertrain warranty ended on March 21. (Grrr!) If I take the TSB to the dealer what can I expect? Will they work with me since it has only been a few weeks since it expired. What kind of cost am I looking at if they don't?

(I tried to PM Todd but I have to have 5 posts before the site will let me)

Thanks

Just wanted to give an update to my issue. Took it in to the dealer yesterday and they did a full diagnostic of the Trans. They said there were no mechanical issues with it I just needed a software reprogram/update. It took about 15 minutes and the trans shifts so much better now. I don't have to be cautious on the gas anymore.

This was on my invoice:

Noted vehicle has a delayed then harsh 1.2 and 2.1 down shift in stop and go traffic. The vehicle has a reprogram for this concern. Per customer, reprogrammed the PCM and TCM cleared the codes and KAM and retest drove the vehicle. Trans is shifting OK at this time.

Cost was $92.

Edited by jkedge09
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seamless, just like it should be.

Glad to learn that you were taken care of by your dealer jkedge09!

My name is Tricia and I’ll be assisting you in the future if you have any questions or concerns. I’ve taken over for Todd as he is now serving on our Twitter platform.

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to those that may not know I’m out here.

Have a great day! :)

Tricia

• 1 month later...

Tricia,

I would appreciate any help you send my way as well. I have a 2011 Ford Edge with this same issue. I have taken it to two different dealerships who haven't corrected the issue because they can't replicate. I am very frustrated at this point as well. Yet again today the issue occurred. A reset of the computer is definitely not helping and I am worried for the safety of my 2 year old who is always in the car with me. Let me know if there is anything you can do! THANKS!

• Like 1