"Sat Fault" on 2009 Edge

I just got an offer for a few free months of Sirius XM radio, and was going to activate it and use it in my Edge, but when I called, and pressed "Aux" to get to Sirius and goto channel 0 to get the ID, but when I press Aux and goto Sat 1 (or 2/3) it says "Sat Fault" and kicks me back to FM.

When I was installing my subs, I saw the satellite module in the back, and everything was connected.

Kind of frustrating, and I don't have a warranty, so if I had to goto the dealer, it'l cost me.

Its not a big deal, but just another issue to add to the list ive had with this car!

Could there be a fuse blown or something? What else can I look for or try?

The antenna "looks" fine, dont know how I would diagnose it. Ill probably pull the rear panel tomorrow and check the module to make sure all the connections are tight. I didnt much care for Sirius, BUT there were a few channels I liked, so if I get a free trial, id give it another shot.

No, I definitely wouldnt ever setup an auto-pay with them; my uncles been around the block with them. He cancelled after his "trial" and discounted prices ended, because the price was outrageous, and then he ended up getting it back at like $4-6 a month or something like that. This was a couple years back, so im not sure how the pricing is now, but I wouldnt ever pay much more than $6-10 a month for it.

• 1 year later...

I just had this same problem. SAT FAULT every time I switched over to SAT settings either 1, 2 or 3 on a 2009 Edge. Saw a link to a Service bulletin on the forum and brought it to the dealer. The bulletin recommended starting with a re-flash of the system, ($250) Luckily, this worked for me. Sirius is now working great.

• Like 1