Looking for parts ANY ONE PARTING OUT AN MKX OR EDGE

CinnamonEdge

I was driving and I could hear a small whistle noise from the glove box. I dropped the glove box and removed the filter to see if maybe the filter door wasn't sealed correctly. But it was sealed up correctly. Then I noticed that the rubber seal on the Blend door(moves up or down to control the exterior air vs the interior) was rough and couple 1" peices had fallen off. I looked closer and noticed that the rubber was a little dryed out and cracked. So the sound was coming from the air being pulled from cabin past the damaged seal. I asked the dealer if that door could be replaced and they said that they would have to replace the whole air box.

So I know if I can find that one piece I would just change it out myself in five minutes verses the dealer ripping my car apart. What are your thoughts? I just hate when things are made into bigger issues than really needed. Maybe the dealer could just remove that part for me and install it, instead of replacing that whole heating system? Sound like a little over kill to me. Please keep in mind I was just talking to the parts guy about the part and my car is still under warranty. I rather avoid a major teardown if I can. Usually they break other stuff and it becomes more of a head ache.

Also I havent heard the noise for a while but it does bother me that my Edge with less than 6k miles has a messed up blend door.

Edited by CinnamonEdge

I was driving and I could hear a small whistle noise from the glove box. I dropped the glove box and removed the filter to see if maybe the filter door wasn't sealed correctly. But it was sealed up correctly. Then I noticed that the rubber seal on the Blend door(moves up or down to control the exterior air vs the interior) was rough and couple 1" peices had fallen off. I looked closer and noticed that the rubber was a little dryed out and cracked. So the sound was coming from the air being pulled from cabin past the damaged seal. I asked the dealer if that door could be replaced and they said that they would have to replace the whole air box.

So I know if I can find that one piece I would just change it out myself in five minutes verses the dealer ripping my car apart. What are your thoughts? I just hate when things are made into bigger issues than really needed. Maybe the dealer could just remove that part for me and install it, instead of replacing that whole heating system? Sound like a little over kill to me. Please keep in mind I was just talking to the parts guy about the part and my car is still under warranty. I rather avoid a major teardown if I can. Usually they break other stuff and it becomes more of a head ache.

Also I havent heard the noise for a while but it does bother me that my Edge with less than 6k miles has a messed up blend door.

Thanks for letting me know, CinammonEdge. I'm not a trained technician, nor am I able to look at your Edge with you, so I'm unable to directly answer your questions. Have you considered bringing your vehicle to another dealership for a second opinion? Let me know and I'll look into available options on my end.

I don't want you to be bothered with your Edge.

Todd