Warranty is almost up

swalker

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the input. I have the FWD. So don't have to worry about that part. I was thinking I should get it in and have it checked over. Wife said there is a hesitation occationally when you shift from reverse to drive. We had that happen a year or so ago too and there was some service bulletin on the transmission. Need to have the checked again too.

• 3 months later...

This thread has been helpful. I'm at the dealership right now and was pleased to find out that the battery (parts and labor) are covered under my warranty which is about to expire. I mentioned all the underneath stuff and they will be checking that too. I have a FWD.

One question though: What exactly is the concern with the door ajar / latch concern? I've never had an issue that I'm aware of.

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

• 1 month later...

It really comes down to how much risk you want to take and what you're willing to spend now to do that. It's always a gamble and the odds are not in your favor long term.

If you can avoid to pay out of pocket for a repair then I recommend not buying the warranty. You might lose on one or two vehicles but in the long run it will be cheaper.

If you can only afford the cost of the extended warranty and not a more expensive repair then maybe that's your best bet. Or financing the ext. warranty.