USB Port Question

For those of you that have the 2008, this does have the USB connection, correct?

Not the audio connector, but the USB, right?

I was just noticing in pics of the 2008 (from the FORD site) that the only connector it shows is the round (audio) one like you use with headphones...

But I keep reading that you are able to charge your ipod and connect ipod via USB port in 2008...

Hope I am correct!

Thanks for any help...

For those of you that have the 2008, this does have the USB connection, correct?

I was just noticing in pics of the 2008 (from the FORD site) that the only connector it shows is the round (audio) one like you use with headphones...

But I keep reading that you are able to charge your ipod and connect ipod via USB port in 2008...

Hope I am correct!

Thanks for any help...

I have a 2008 Limited. Yes, it does accept a thumb drive with a USB port. My 2 Gig drive is loaded with ~ 600 songs.

Hope I am correct!

Thanks for any help...

Both USB + mini plug ...accepts an I-Pod just fine and SYNCs well....

I plugged in my 2 gb flash drive which was full of songs and it worked instantly. And it was fast too. Unlike when I put 100+ mp3 songs a CD, the MP3 could search and skip thru songs as fast as you could push the button. Basically makes the 6 disc CD changer obsolete and irrelevant in my opinion. I ordered a 4 gb flash drive from Newegg for $30 shipped. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820233027 With the ability to pull up music so fast I decided I wanted more selection.

Edited by jamers1

I plugged in my 2 gb flash drive which was full of songs and it worked instantly. And it was fast too. Unlike when I put 100+ mp3 songs a CD, the MP3 could search and skip thru songs as fast as you could push the button. Basically makes the 6 disc CD changer obsolete and irrelevant in my opinion. I ordered a 4 gb flash drive from Newegg for $30 shipped. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820233027 With the ability to pull up music so fast I decided I wanted more selection.

I suspect that a USB laptop drive will also work. That would give you an enormous amount of space. I haven't tried it yet but it should work.

Does the USB power the external hard drive? I have an external hard drive for my home PC that is connected via USB, but it also has to be plugged into the wall...(5:40pm-okay, so there is such a thing, should have googled first and responded second; sorry for my PC ignorance)

Maybe stating the obvious here, but I did have a co-worker once who moved his desk around, set his PC back up and it wouldn't power up. He asked me to take a look, and he had the outlet strip plugged into itself, not the wall...he had to hear about that one until he left...

Edited by carbonedge+

As was noted on the thread earlier, please keep in mind that if you have an external harddrive you may have to plug it to the power outlet in addition to USB. USB port can only supply a limitted amount of current that is usually not enough for a large harddrive to spin up.

Also, please keep in mind that the harddrive must be PC formatted (FAT or FAT-32), not Mac.

As was noted on the thread earlier, please keep in mind that if you have an external harddrive you may have to plug it to the power outlet in addition to USB. USB port can only supply a limitted amount of current that is usually not enough for a large harddrive to spin up.

Also, please keep in mind that the harddrive must be PC formatted (FAT or FAT-32), not Mac.

Mark

What about NTFS?

Thx Kyle

• 2 weeks later...