White Sand/Camel (beautiful)

Navigation

SYNC

Power Lift Gate

Panoramic Sun Roof

Tow pkg

Floor Mats

Organizer

..did not get DVD as the dog doesn't watch movies, only News...

Dealer did a great job...I submitted internet requests to 6 local dealers, only got a follow-up from one dealer (amazing!!!), so they got my business at the X-Plan price. They did not have in-stock, but found what we wanted 250 miles away, so they did a dealer swap and went and got it for me for delivery yesterday, a one-day turnaround...very good service plus the last day of the month, while 5 other dealers did not respond...I can't get over that one...I guess that is one of the problems they face...

First impressions are that the brakes (normal driving) are somewhat mushy, but our Honda's seem a little too grabby...I guess we have both ends of the spectrum...we'll get used to them I'm sure. Good pickup, but less than the Mazda CX-7, which we drove....different vehicles I know...the Edge is much more in a luxury class in feel, quietness, and amenities. A couple of things we did not expect...Homelink was on the drivers visor, even though not noted anywhere as an option or standard equipment. Also the keyless entry pad on the driver's door, which was noted as a dealer option...included with this one. Power lift gate works very well with an auto shutoff if it hits something on the way down. My wife loves this feature when shopping...I guess now she can have both arms full!! Interior leather appointments are very calssy and comnfortable. The Sync seems a little clunky to me, but I will reserve judgement after using for awhile. Bluetooth syncing was very smooth and works great. The dealer assisted in setting up our phones, and said it can handle up to 12 phones at once. Another nice feature is the rear seat fold-down. This can be done manually at the rear doors or by push-button from the rear hatch, very nice if you come out of Home Depot with alot more than you expected, and have your hands full...just hit the button (one for each side) and down goes the seat for more room...very cool.

We will be traveling on vacation in 3 weeks, so we will put about 2,000 on it, so I will have some real-life feedback upon our return...A full report then.

Thanks to all of you for your input on this Board while I was doing my research, you were all VERY helpful!!!

We picked up our Limited Edge yesterday...got most everything on it:

White Sand/Camel (beautiful)

Navigation

SYNC

Power Lift Gate

Panoramic Sun Roof

Tow pkg

Floor Mats

Organizer

..did not get DVD as the dog doesn't watch movies, only News...

Dealer did a great job...I submitted internet requests to 6 local dealers, only got a follow-up from one dealer (amazing!!!), so they got my business at the X-Plan price. They did not have in-stock, but found what we wanted 250 miles away, so they did a dealer swap and went and got it for me for delivery yesterday, a one-day turnaround...very good service plus the last day of the month, while 5 other dealers did not respond...I can't get over that one...I guess that is one of the problems they face...

First impressions are that the brakes (normal driving) are somewhat mushy, but our Honda's seem a little too grabby...I guess we have both ends of the spectrum...we'll get used to them I'm sure. Good pickup, but less than the Mazda CX-7, which we drove....different vehicles I know...the Edge is much more in a luxury class in feel, quietness, and amenities. A couple of things we did not expect...Homelink was on the drivers visor, even though not noted anywhere as an option or standard equipment. Also the keyless entry pad on the driver's door, which was noted as a dealer option...included with this one. Power lift gate works very well with an auto shutoff if it hits something on the way down. My wife loves this feature when shopping...I guess now she can have both arms full!! Interior leather appointments are very calssy and comnfortable. The Sync seems a little clunky to me, but I will reserve judgement after using for awhile. Bluetooth syncing was very smooth and works great. The dealer assisted in setting up our phones, and said it can handle up to 12 phones at once. Another nice feature is the rear seat fold-down. This can be done manually at the rear doors or by push-button from the rear hatch, very nice if you come out of Home Depot with alot more than you expected, and have your hands full...just hit the button (one for each side) and down goes the seat for more room...very cool.

We will be traveling on vacation in 3 weeks, so we will put about 2,000 on it, so I will have some real-life feedback upon our return...A full report then.

Thanks to all of you for your input on this Board while I was doing my research, you were all VERY helpful!!!

Awesome and congrats!!!!

Great to hear all the great comments....

As for SYNC...even though you need a bit more time to check it out...what do you mean by "clunky"?

How do ya like that white sand color???

Mine is on order...so i cannot wait!

Edited by npggirl

Awesome and congrats!!!!

Great to hear all the great comments....

As for SYNC...even though you need a bit more time to check it out...what do you mean by "clunky"?

How do ya like that white sand color???

Mine is on order...so i cannot wait!

When using SYNC, you need to tell it what device you'd like to hear (AM, FM, CD, USB, etc)...so what I mean by "clunky" is that you must activate SYNC, then the "voice" recites all of the options before you are permitted to make a selection. This is great the first time you use it, however I don't need to hear the entire list everytime I wish to use my ipod. Since your ipod plugs into the USB connection, which is at the end of the list, you must wait for all of the recitation before it will accept your selection. It would seem that you should just be able to hit the button and say "USB", then whatever artist you wish to hear.

Remember that this is new, so there be a shortcut or two that we have not yet discovered...however there is a readout on the Nav screen that says "listening" when it is time for you to talk. This does not display until after all of the options are read.

The White Sand is fantastic...very deep, metallic-looking and slightly off-white.

When using SYNC, you need to tell it what device you'd like to hear (AM, FM, CD, USB, etc)...so what I mean by "clunky" is that you must activate SYNC, then the "voice" recites all of the options before you are permitted to make a selection. This is great the first time you use it, however I don't need to hear the entire list everytime I wish to use my ipod. Since your ipod plugs into the USB connection, which is at the end of the list, you must wait for all of the recitation before it will accept your selection. It would seem that you should just be able to hit the button and say "USB", then whatever artist you wish to hear.

Remember that this is new, so there be a shortcut or two that we have not yet discovered...however there is a readout on the Nav screen that says "listening" when it is time for you to talk. This does not display until after all of the options are read.

The White Sand is fantastic...very deep, metallic-looking and slightly off-white.

Qballgreg,

Congratulations on your new purchase!

Give us some pictures please. Love to see some of the White Sand as well as your "nicely appointed" leather interior. Can you take a pic of the home link on the drivers visor? Which wheel option did you get?

Clayton

You can select not to have so many prompts on SYNC once you learn the system. However, it still may prompt you if she doesn't understand your command.

I don't have to wait everytime for Sync to recite the options. It says enter a command, I say USB and away we go.

Ahhhhhh, thanks for explaining about clunky. I get what you are saying...

Hmmm, very interesting...I have seen on videos of SYNC where they said command, and could just activate what they wanted...like USB, or phone...

would love to find out more about that...

Fabulous about the white color...i cannot wait...i love the metallic look...

Thanks!!!

Ahhhhhh, thanks for explaining about clunky. I get what you are saying...

Hmmm, very interesting...I have seen on videos of SYNC where they said command, and could just activate what they wanted...like USB, or phone...

would love to find out more about that...

Fabulous about the white color...i cannot wait...i love the metallic look...

Thanks!!!

I'll be able to dig into the SYNC this weekend when I have more time...good to hear of shortcuts...

I'll take a few pics and post...it's pretty sweet lookin'

FYI...I also ordered the rear bumper guard that has been discussed on this Board, it should arrive Monday 11/5...

I'll be able to dig into the SYNC this weekend when I have more time...good to hear of shortcuts...

I'll take a few pics and post...it's pretty sweet lookin'

FYI...I also ordered the rear bumper guard that has been discussed on this Board, it should arrive Monday 11/5...

Does the bumper guard come to match your paint color or is it black?

When using SYNC, you need to tell it what device you'd like to hear (AM, FM, CD, USB, etc)...so what I mean by "clunky" is that you must activate SYNC, then the "voice" recites all of the options before you are permitted to make a selection. This is great the first time you use it, however I don't need to hear the entire list everytime I wish to use my ipod. Since your ipod plugs into the

You don't have to listen to all the options every time. Here are a few options for you:

1. Use "Advanced Interaction" mode
  2. Simply barge-in when SYNC is speaking

Let me explain these options in a little more detail.

Advanced Interaction mode cuts down on the "explanatory" prompts that SYNC utters and speeds up voice interaction considerably without you having to do anything. To enable this mode, press the Voice button and, after SYNC is listening to you, say "Interaction mode advanced". Once enabled this mode will persist until you change it back again. To revert to the standard voice mode, press Voice and say "Interaction mode standard"

The other option, barge-in does not require any changes. It simply means that you can interrupt SYNC at any time by pressing the Voice key and SYNC will immediately start listening. So if you know what to say you can interrupt it right away and speak your command.

Note, that you can use barge-in at any time, even with advanced interaction mode.

Hope this makes your SYNC user experience less clunky. Let me know if you have any questions,

Mark,

Sweet - thanks for the SYNC tip. Do you know if they are working on a Video option or web surfing option for the software? Or, for those of us that are techies, can we buy a full, non-limited Microsoft original build ?

Thanks, George

Or is there a develoment platform so that the geek Edge owners can write new stuff? SyncMyRide.com talks about customizations. I'd like to work on some of those customizations, maybe add some new functionallity. :D

Jere

Or is there a develoment platform so that the geek Edge owners can write new stuff? SyncMyRide.com talks about customizations. I'd like to work on some of those customizations, maybe add some new functionallity. :D

Jere

Hell Jere:

I'd buy them off ya.

Truth be told, hopefully Microsoft has figured out that its better to work with modders than try to keep development pacs away...after all, someone will eventually crack them. I always think this is a much more positive way. non?

You don't have to listen to all the options every time. Here are a few options for you:

Advanced Interaction mode cuts down on the "explanatory" prompts that SYNC utters and speeds up voice interaction considerably without you having to do anything. To enable this mode, press the Voice button and, after SYNC is listening to you, say "Interaction mode advanced". Once enabled this mode will persist until you change it back again. To revert to the standard voice mode, press Voice and say "Interaction mode standard"

The other option, barge-in does not require any changes. It simply means that you can interrupt SYNC at any time by pressing the Voice key and SYNC will immediately start listening. So if you know what to say you can interrupt it right away and speak your command.

Note, that you can use barge-in at any time, even with advanced interaction mode.

Hope this makes your SYNC user experience less clunky. Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks for the tip....how do you activate the "barge-in" mode?

Simply barge-in when SYNC is speaking

Hitting the voice button twice will allow you to barge in but I cannot get it to recognize "Interaction Mode Advanced". No matter how I say it it just tells me to enter a recognized command, such as help, menu, USB.....

Hitting the voice button twice will allow you to barge in but I cannot get it to recognize "Interaction Mode Advanced". No matter how I say it it just tells me to enter a recognized command, such as help, menu, USB.....

If you have the Nav head unit, you need to get to the voice options menu tree first. At the main menu say help, and you will be able to go to Voice Options, where you can set the interaction mode.

My bad, I did not provide the correct instructions. To enable advances interaction mode you first have to say "Voice Settings", then after you hear a response, say "Interaction mode advanced".

My bad, I did not provide the correct instructions. To enable advances interaction mode you first have to say "Voice Settings", then after you hear a response, say "Interaction mode advanced".

This method works perfectly. Now all it says is Sync and waits or the particular media and waits.