2011 Ford Edge SEL leaking PS leaking at banjo fitting-NOT COVERED under Premium ESP

Our 2011 Edge gas 41,000 miles, and is just over 3 years old. We notice some PS fluid leaking on the floor of our garage. We are now in our ESP Premium plan, which carries a $100.00 deductible. The dealership tells me the "Banjo high-pressure line fitting" is what's leaking (There's a TSB on this come to find out) and that it's NOT covered under my Premium ESP warranty. Every single other power steering system part (Lines, seals, rack, pump, etc.) is covered EXCEPT this part. REALLY???? What the hell kind of warranty is that? Also, why is it leaking at 41,000 miles??

The dealership (Southgate Ford) were total assholes to me, not willing to work with me AT ALL. I called ford Customer service and they were assholes too, siding with the dealer, without a care in the world whether or not they lose me as a customer. Horrible experience. My wife was traumatized.

Done with Ford products. That's a fact

Our 2011 Edge gas 41,000 miles, and is just over 3 years old. We notice some PS fluid leaking on the floor of our garage. We are now in our ESP Premium plan, which carries a $100.00 deductible. The dealership tells me the "Banjo high-pressure line fitting" is what's leaking (There's a TSB on this come to find out) and that it's NOT covered under my Premium ESP warranty. Every single other power steering system part (Lines, seals, rack, pump, etc.) is covered EXCEPT this part. REALLY???? What the hell kind of warranty is that? Also, why is it leaking at 41,000 miles??

The dealership (Southgate Ford) were total assholes to me, not willing to work with me AT ALL. I called ford Customer service and they were assholes too, siding with the dealer, without a care in the world whether or not they lose me as a customer. Horrible experience. My wife was traumatized.

Done with Ford products. That's a fact

Hello seatmandan,

I can’t guarantee that it will be covered but I’ll gladly look into this for you.

Please PM your full name, VIN, current mileage, dealer info, and best contact number.

I’ll loop in a customer service manager in your region to assist.

Also, a TSB is a repair procedure sent to our dealers in case someone comes in with a specific concern. It is not a recall and it’s only covered under your new-vehicle limited warranty.

You can get more info on what’s covered by your ESP here.

I’ll be waiting on your info and I hope you have a great day! :)

Sorry to hear about your experience, seatmandan. Ford Customer Service (Tricia) IS on this forum, hopefully she will see your post soon and help you out. IMHO, the fitting should be replaced at no cost to you (other than maybe the deductible). TSB is not a warranty, unfortunately.

Thanks for the shout out, WWWPerfA_ZN0W. :woohoo:

I hope your day is going well and have an awesome weekend to come!

Tricia

• Like 1

Right in the brochure that can be found by following the link that Tricia posted are these disclaimers
Components and Repairs
Not Covered by PremiumCARE
Buttons, carpet, clamps, dash pad, door and window handles,
knobs, trim, upholstery, CNG/LPG components, tires, water leaks,

wind noise, weatherstrips, fabric, liners, zippers and fasteners

Owner Maintenance Requirements
Service adjustments and cleaning, software upgrades, fixed (non-moving) body
parts, batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub,
drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, coolant,
exhaust system (including catalytic converter), filters, fluids, lubricants, lights
(bulbs, sealed beam, lenses), spark plugs, spark plug wires, squeaks and rattles,
tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, LED lights, shock absorbers and

compressed natural gas/liquid propane fuel system conversion component

There is no reason the dealer or Ford should have denied this coverage. The hoses listed are maintenance items (heater hoses, radiator hoses, etc) and not power steering hoses which are NOT a maintenance item.

I have in the past had two repairs denied under my Premium Care ESP. Both times I contacted the ESP department themselves, and had the items covered with no problem after talking to them. Ford is so sure of the extended warranty that they say something to the effect that it is easier to list those items not covered. Using those items listed, there is no way these are NOT covered.

• Like 2