Looking to buy a 2014 or 2015 Ford Edge

Scantman

I was hoping that I could find out what everyone thinks of their respective Ford Edge SUV's, I am looking at purchasing/leasing one of these vehicles sometime this year, and I would love to get some good advice, on what you all feel about them. I am very much interested in the 4 cylinder "Ecoboost" turbocharged engine. Things like, handling, comfort, space, mileage and overall thoughts on the vehicle would be very helpful. Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

I own a ford edge 2013 se white v6. I personally prefer the v6 power, i do not like the ecoboost, Handling is a 9/10 comfort 10/10 space 10/10. mpg 5/10 ford lied about gas milage i was supposed to get 19 city the best i can do is 15.5 with everything option tried, meaning i turned of a/c, i coast, no idling.. basically at this point i dont care i will pay more gas but i rather drive the way i want so i average about 14.5 city. overal thoughts, i love my Suv, I sould have gotten leather, i added lots of add ons, which made the car great.. for me i give this car an 93 out of 100.. so far i have driven for 1 year and 3 months and i still love my car, i rather drive and edge than an explorer. However, i would trade it it for the 2015, have you seen the concept car, it is awesome..Put it this way, I have the option of buying a more expensive car but i would not drive another suv other than the edge. The only car i would drive instead is the new corvette.

I have a 2012 Ford Edge Limited Ecoboost with every option except for the BLIS and the 20 inch wheels and its very comfortable and fits me well (I'm 6'1" and quite large). The engine response is smooth and the car handles pretty well. Its a midsize SUV so it is not going to be a canyon carver but it feels pretty great. As for MFT I have had absolutely no problems with the screen locking up or any issues with it resetting; I also haven't had any issues with touch responsiveness on it either. I think people that don't like it don't know how to use it properly. The only issue I sometimes have with the system is voice commands and I have had issues in that with the 2012 Ford Focus with sync that I had as a loaner car and the 2014 F-150 I also had and it is not enough to make me wish I didn't buy the car not by a long shot. I have an 22 mile total commute each day for work and calculating the mileage on my own after each fill up I am averaging about 20 or so MPG. A little lower than I was expecting but still for a car this size I really enjoy it. I have done a few highway trips and going about 75 mph on the highway for about 200 miles and the trip back with very little driving in towns I averaged 28.7 mpg on that trip. This summer will be the real test when I drive from far West Texas to South Carolina to visit my brother. When I was looking at cars I test drove two Escapes with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine one 2013 and one 2014 and I really liked it and I almost pulled the trigger on the 2013, but the dealer was kind of sleazy. I test drove a 2011 Edge with the 3.5 L V6 limited and I just couldn't buy one with the V6 because of the gas mileage penalty and after driving the one I own I didn't feel enough of a difference. I just happened to luck into the 2012 at random when I was shopping for cars in Fort Worth, TX and I have loved it ever since. The only real issue I have had is a front seat rattle that is still not fixed but I blame the dealer here in my local town and it is going back in the shop tomorrow afternoon to hopefully be fixed right (the problem is the seat motor is missing brackets so they are replacing to seat tracks and the motor. I knew this was the issue from the start and insisted that they fix it but they kept saying it was something else. It took a call to ford customer service and our ford technician through this site to get the problem resolved.

I have a 2013 SEL with leather seats, MFT, 18 inch wheels.

I've had it 5 months and still loving it. The engine is powerful and the ride is smooth and quiet. Haven't had any issues with MFT aside from hitting a button twice when once should have done it. Sync is great once you know your way around the system. Like that it's bigger than compact SUV's without feeling gigantic on the road or while parking.

Some cons: the turn signals are funky and I feel like some of the materials are cheap. I've nicked up some of the interior while cleaning the car with a vacuum brush, as I've done on all the cars I've ever owned and never had a single problem doing it. The hood is very thin and the tailgate is heavy and seems to not close all the way frequently.

They can also get expensive but I feel like you get a lot for your money, especially with the engine and ride.

Other suv's I considered before buying were the Rogue and CRV.

The touch screen has never been a problem responding to any of my actions. Now when my wife is with me, she can never get it to respond without pushing, hitting, punching, etc. It's funny that she has the same problem with other touchscreen devices such as an I-pad, cell phone, Garmin GPS, etc. I never have a problem just using a finger. She usually has to resort to using a stylus on those devices for positive input on the screens.

I also had installed a screen protector within the first month of purchasing the Edge and as far as I can tell, it has never had any negative effect on the touching of the screen.

The turn signal problem on some 2013 Edges and even Explorers can be fixed by having the dealer replace it, or by doing your own modification to it. This fix was posted on the Explorer forum that I follow but it should also apply to the Edge.

Note that this only seems to be 2013 models with the problem. Mine does have the problem, but I haven't done anything about it yet. A few owners here have had the turn signal stalk replaced by the dealer. It has been discussed on this forum in the past.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388119

Edited by ls973800

I have a 2012 Ford Edge Limited Ecoboost with every option except for the BLIS and the 20 inch wheels and its very comfortable and fits me well (I'm 6'1" and quite large). The engine response is smooth and the car handles pretty well. Its a midsize SUV so it is not going to be a canyon carver but it feels pretty great. As for MFT I have had absolutely no problems with the screen locking up or any issues with it resetting; I also haven't had any issues with touch responsiveness on it either. I think people that don't like it don't know how to use it properly. The only issue I sometimes have with the system is voice commands and I have had issues in that with the 2012 Ford Focus with sync that I had as a loaner car and the 2014 F-150 I also had and it is not enough to make me wish I didn't buy the car not by a long shot. I have an 22 mile total commute each day for work and calculating the mileage on my own after each fill up I am averaging about 20 or so MPG. A little lower than I was expecting but still for a car this size I really enjoy it. I have done a few highway trips and going about 75 mph on the highway for about 200 miles and the trip back with very little driving in towns I averaged 28.7 mpg on that trip. This summer will be the real test when I drive from far West Texas to South Carolina to visit my brother. When I was looking at cars I test drove two Escapes with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine one 2013 and one 2014 and I really liked it and I almost pulled the trigger on the 2013, but the dealer was kind of sleazy. I test drove a 2011 Edge with the 3.5 L V6 limited and I just couldn't buy one with the V6 because of the gas mileage penalty and after driving the one I own I didn't feel enough of a difference. I just happened to luck into the 2012 at random when I was shopping for cars in Fort Worth, TX and I have loved it ever since. The only real issue I have had is a front seat rattle that is still not fixed but I blame the dealer here in my local town and it is going back in the shop tomorrow afternoon to hopefully be fixed right (the problem is the seat motor is missing brackets so they are replacing to seat tracks and the motor. I knew this was the issue from the start and insisted that they fix it but they kept saying it was something else. It took a call to ford customer service and our ford technician through this site to get the problem resolved.

Hello tamugrad2013,

I’m just checking in on my Ford Family! How did it go at the dealer? Is your vehicle still experiencing the same symptoms? Let me know and I’ll be happy to look into this for you.

Have a great day! :)

Tricia

Edited by FordService

Hello tamugrad2013,

I’m just checking in on my Ford Family! How did it go at the dealer? Is your vehicle still experiencing the same symptoms? Let me know and I’ll be happy to look into this for you.

Have a great day! :)

Tricia

Hi Tricia I picked up my Edge on 5/23/14 from being worked on and I have had it back a little over a week and not a rattle one in that time. I think that it has finally been fixed properly. I guess I will get a good long test of it on my ~2400 mile round trip to South Carolina at the end of June. I have really loved this car since I have owned it and now that the one flaw has been fixed I can say it is truly perfect. Thanks for yall's help.