My FWD Is Making It's Own Fuel!

ls973800

I have in the past put more than 18 gallons of gasoline into my 2013 FWD Edge which has the 3.5 engine. I never really thought about it much but was finally curious enough to see what the fuel tank capacity is. The FWD is listed as 18 gallons, and the AWD is listed as 19 gallons.

Today once again I put in over 18 gallons, and the fuel used information on the dash showed I used 19.35 gallons, and still had miles to go before empty. I squeezed in 18.83 gallons, and that hand calculated to 24.65 MPG. The dash showed 23.9 MPG with the 19.35 gallons it thought it used.

Only thing I can figure is my Edge is making it's own fuel somehow! :clapping: And yes, I am sure I have a FWD Edge.

post-6528-0-02311200-1399317543_thumb.jpg

I'd also be fairly certain that the "fuel used" reading isn't an actual measurement, but is calculated based on speed, gear, throttle position, etc just like your fuel economy ratings are. I would say there's a fairly large margin of error in these calculations. Add into that that I don't believe the "reserve" portion of the tank is measured as part of the capacity specifications and I can see how you'd get numbers higher than your listed tank capacity.

You will have to check the

I found my issue. The Enhance Trip Display must be turned on through the settings/display/trip menu. Sorry for getting off topic.

I was just in the middle of making a post that you have to have the Enhanced setting turned on in order to see the other displays. The Standard setting is the default. Glad you got it to work.