'12 SE Edge in Dash Filter

zich6

Took the beast with 26K miles in to the stealer today for a covered oil change and they said I needed an in-dash filter. The charge was $66 installed. I declined and told them I'd handle it.

How do you get to this filter and does anyone have a part #?

Thanks

If you go to the Fram fresh breeze site, there will be a video showing how to change it. Literally takes 2 minutes.

Don't buy the Fram fresh breeze filter though. It is very restrictive and cuts your airflow in half.

Hello,

I am the tech director at FRAM. Our filter flows at the same rate as the OE filter, it does not restrict air flow. I personally own a 2011 Edge Sport and have changed the filter twice in 40k miles, it flows as well or better than when new.

Hello,

I am the tech director at FRAM. Our filter flows at the same rate as the OE filter, it does not restrict air flow. I personally own a 2011 Edge Sport and have changed the filter twice in 40k miles, it flows as well or better than when new.

Not the fresh breeze filter. It cuts the airflow in half. This was also noted by another member on this forum.

I would like to see his testing that proves that. We test every filter for airflow. I personally use these in my Ford Edge and there is no reduction in airflow. we sell over 5000 Edge filters per month and have never recieved a complaint about a reduction in airflow.

• Like 1

I find it interesting that the FRAM filter gets bad reviews on Amazon as well (2 star rating... not a lot of reviews but not a single 5 star response). Comments like bad fit and that the baking soda additive blows white powder all over the interior. And yet the similar ATP carbon filter gets four times as many reviews, a 5 star rating and costs less than half as much. In fact, that filter is $12 and can be installed in your driveway in less than five minutes so you were right to decline the $66 dealer installation.

This is just my personal opinion... your mileage may vary. I have used many different filters in numerous cars over 40 years of driving and have found FRAM filters to be inconsistent. Certain filters for certain vehicles are excellent and highly recommended. Others not so much. So now that the Internet makes it so easy to research, I would recommend checking out reviews of the exact filter you are considering before buying. Let others be the guinea pigs.

• 2 weeks later...