I have a Samsung S4 and the sync works fine, I have no issues until someone calls me.

First my phone will ring and take about seconds for it to ring on my MFT. Then when I hit accept, the music comes back on for another 3 seconds and THEN to my call. Since I have no issues with syncing music at all I was wondering if there are any troubleshooting ideas people had...

Also, I noticed that even though my phonebook is synced, the contact names do not show on the screen right dashboard console screen, is there a fix for that??

I've been having the same issue with answering calls lately. Happened on my old Galaxy Nexus and on my new Galaxy S5. Didn't used to have this issue at all until one of the more recent MFT updates. I'm still one release behind the latest-and-greatest version though. Will update to the latest and see what happens.

Are you even supposed to be able to access the address book on the instrument cluster screen (would be nice if you could)? I only recall seeing options for Missed and Recent or something along those lines. (For making calls I find that the voice command is a far superior way to do it anyway.)

Edited by nickf1011

Which version do you have? Supposedly I have the latest version and that the one with preset channels in the radio section of the main view.

Im not even sure if you can see the address book in the instrument cluster, I know you can see missed, called and received calls though but only the ones you made while synced with MFT.

For all we know this could be a Samsung issue

Edited by mcali6301

Hi mcali6301,

It sounds like you are also behind on an update. Can you please tell me what your CCPU S/W Version says? Here's how to get it on your MFT screen:

Gears > ?HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W Version:

nickf1011,

Next time you remember after midnight, just download it to a USB so you can install it the next time you'll be driving for 30-40 minutes. ;) Let me know if you have any questions before, during, or after you update.

Rebecca

nickf1011,

Next time you remember after midnight, just download it to a USB so you can install it the next time you'll be driving for 30-40 minutes. ;) Let me know if you have any questions before, during, or after you update.

Rebecca

I loaded it to USB last night when I made that remark and loaded it this morning on my way to work. Will report back with results as soon as the situation comes up again. :)

• Like 1

I loaded it to USB last night when I made that remark and loaded it this morning on my way to work. Will report back with results as soon as the situation comes up again. :)

Great minds think alike!

I have version 4.30.13171. When updated to this version in September and the Sync site is telling me that it's up to date.

Thanks! That does equate to version 3.6.2; you are up to date. Now, let's figure out what's going on. Have you tried a master reset, deleting you phone from SYNC, or rebooting your phone yet? If not, I think we should start there. Here's a link to those steps:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/troubleshooting-sync-myford-touch

I'd like you to start with Tip #3, but after step three (deleting SYNC from your phone), please reboot your phone and proceed to step four. If that doesn't correct your issues, I'd like you to perform a reset following these instructions:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

• 11 months later...

I upgraded to the S6 and bought a new 11 Edge sport. SAME ISSUE. Does anyone experience this?

Issue: When a call comes in and I hit answer, there is a delay, the music comes back on like the call ended but then goes back off and I can finally speak. I'm very curious if this is a MFT problem or a Samsung/Android problem. I have not had the chance to test with any other phone.....

I upgraded to the S6 and bought a new 11 Edge sport. SAME ISSUE. Does anyone experience this?

Issue: When a call comes in and I hit answer, there is a delay, the music comes back on like the call ended but then goes back off and I can finally speak. I'm very curious if this is a MFT problem or a Samsung/Android problem. I have not had the chance to test with any other phone.....

Hi mcali6301,

I'd like to help get to the bottom of this issue. Are you able to try another phone? If not, you have the option to go to the dealer to try one of their phones. Let me know, so we can move forward.

I have had both a Galaxy S2 and S5 and both have work fine with my 2011 MFT

factor99,

I'm glad everything is going well. Thanks for sharing. :)

Shaay

I have yet to try a different phone. Not only do I have a new phone (S6) but I have a different ford edge..Same issue...

It's really not that big of a deal, just a little weird when I hit accept call, I have to know when to say "Hello"

mcali6301,

I understand, but this isn't the experience I want for you. During your next scheduled maintenance, I recommend mentioning this issue to your dealer. Please keep me posted.

Shaay

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

May work with another phone, but Sync should work properly with any phone.

Should, yes. But phones go bad all the time and it could be either a bluetooth hardware problem or a setting on the phone itself. Testing it with another phone would confirm whether it's sync or the phone and you can troubleshoot from there. Right now you don't know either way.

• Like 1

I just spoke to Ford Customer Service on the phone. The representative said that I had attempted all the steps they would suggest (unpair/repair phone, master reset, trying a second phone) and I needed to take it in for service. I will wait for the next maintenance service I guess. Inconvenient.

I'm guessing it just may be that the BT signal/antenna in the car is just not that good? Even BT audio messes up sometimes in the car but I don't have the same experience when using my phone with the Bose box....

I don't have a bluetooth earpiece but if any of you do, have you tried testing that with your phone?

Seems like this may just be one of those issues... but of course doesn't hurt to mention when bringing it into maintenance.