Rear Wiper Replacement....not easy. Am I doing something wrong?

I have a 2010 and there's a current youtube vid about the ease of replacing the 14" rear windshield wiper. The guy has his 11 year old nephew do it on the video lol. Well I had to use a great deal of force (and I'm a strong guy). The wiper finally came off but it broke in half. Anyway I snapped the new on one. That wasn't hard. But just to check I wanted to see if perhaps this new blade would come off as easily as they guy did in the video. Nope! It's on REALLY good, and I'm afraid to push too hard in fear of breaking the new blade. I concluded that my technique must be improper.

Has anyone else replaced this and if so was did it require a lot of force for you too? Or did it snap right off pretty easily?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I watched the same video and came to the conclusion the 11 year old is a better man than me. :worship: Anyway, I found an easier way to do it that reduces the struggle. Using a flat head screwdriver, you bend the wiper blade towards the glass, exposing the crack where the hinge is. Insert the screwdriver as a lever and force the wiper arm up with the head of the screwdriver. Light force should get the blade to separate easily.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm at the limit for gallery uploads, so I have to attach these image files instead. A couple of views of the wiper arm attachment point, a view of the wiper blade attachment point, and a comparison of the old/new blade (WW-1412). No trick really, just requires some steady force if not using a tool of some sort. Fairly simple to do a refill also.

post-23566-0-00417900-1409261961_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-83918800-1409261967_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-52217400-1409261975_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-75541600-1409261981_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...