computer problems.

aggie8387

Has anyone had problems with their door open sensor? Mine has gotten progressively worse over the last month. It reached a point where the interior lights would not go out no matter how long it sat. Had to disconnect the battery to keep it from going dead. Took it to the dealer this morning, and learned it is apparently a common problem lately.

Also had problems with the wiper turning itself on with no rain anywhere near. Clear sunny day and bang, the wiper comes on.

Memory seat has Alzheimer's. It remember settings, just not the same ones every day.

Auto door unlock stopped working when I approach with the fob in my hand.

Any of this sound familiar?

Door sensor is well known - many topics on it here already.

For auto unlock - are you thinking the door should unlock when you get close to the vehicle? It doesn't work that way. You have to touch the inside of the door handle with the key nearby to unlock it. It won't unlock without touching the door handle.

Auto unlock in the menu means when you stop the vehicle and open the driver's door all of the doors will unlock.

Edited by akirby

I have attached the 3 TSBs that cover Memory Seats, Locks & Wipers. They should be simple repairs.

Note that even if a door was left open, there is a battery saver feature that will turn off all lights to prevent the battery from discharging, even if you left the headlights on. The only lights that do not turn off by the battery saver are the parking lights if left on manually (headlight knob turned to the 1st position).

TSB 11-2-4_Memory Seats old.pdf

TSB 11-4-14_Inability to unlock.pdf

TSB 11-11-12_Wiper Uncomanded wipe.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Door sensor is well known - many topics on it here already.

For auto unlock - are you thinking the door should unlock when you get close to the vehicle? It doesn't work that way. You have to touch the inside of the door handle with the key nearby to unlock it. It won't unlock without touching the door handle.

Auto unlock in the menu means when you stop the vehicle and open the driver's door all of the doors will unlock.

No, it would not unlock when I touched the door handle and had the fob in my hand. Only way in was the key in the driver's door.

I have attached the 3 TSBs that cover Memory Seats, Locks & Wipers. They should be simple repairs.

Note that even if a door was left open, there is a battery saver feature that will turn off all lights to prevent the battery from discharging, even if you left the headlights on. The only lights that do not turn off by the battery saver are the parking lights if left on manually (headlight knob turned to the 1st position).

Took it to the dealer. They fixed it all...so far.

The battery saver feature was not working...at least the map lights stayed on for over an hour. That's when I disconnected the battery. I would think after that long it's either off or the system is not working properly.

Thanks for the info. Have to check the manufacture date.

Also thanks to all those that helped out! Much appreciated.

Edited by aggie8387