Nankang Sp-5 Tires

kevinj27

I have a 2013 Edge Sport and I am in need of new tires. Long story short, I bought the Edge 6 months ago and the dealer said multiple times the tires had at least 50% tread left and there was nothing to worry about. On my last car I bought from a dealership, I had to buy new tires within 6 months so I made sure they rechecked these tires. I should have paid closer attention. I went back to the dealership a week later complaining of noise and they said the tires are worn and cupped and that they recommend I replace them. They would not do anything for me and said they weren't going to stick any more money into this car and since it is used, they weren't required to do anything. I logged a complaint to the Better Business Bureau but that was a joke and nothing was ever done about it.

Now 6 months later, there is a tear in the front tire from wear and I need new tires immediately. I get the a 27% discount (out of 30%) on Progressive Snapshot so it wasn't because of my driving. Does anyone have the Nankang Sp-5 tires and their experience?

I am just looking for a budget all-season tire in 265/40/22. I don't really want to drop another $1,000 on this car right now with a baby due in 2 days!

Or let me know another tire that I should look into. Thanks,

Edited by kevinj27

Well first congrats on the baby.

Second, I have no first hand knowledge of these tires but other reviews mentioned lack luster snow traction. Being that you live in an area that does get snow I would be less than enthused about running these in the winter. You might want to check local craigslist deals for someone selling take offs or something. You likely won't find 22's but but you should be able to find lots of 18's and maybe some 20's. I have a set of 18" rims I could sell pretty cheap but shipping kills any deals. So definitely look local.

This guy doesn't list size but might work and is cheap: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/pts/4642705269.html

This price isn't great but maybe they really need to move these and you can get them down: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/pts/4648882837.html

• 2 months later...

Yokohama Parada Spec-X are the best tires Ive ever Owned and when my Edge Sport need tires thats what Ill be putting on it.

Discount Tire has a decent Price on them. Tire Rack also has them well priced

I put 50 thousand miles on my last set and they were awesome as far as traction, ride and quiet too