reading texts

More of same- incoming texts for iphone work for a good while & then SUDDENLY stop. I thought I saw more frequency of stopping issue when I would BT my phone to a portable BT speaker & then later went back in vehicle but not fully proven that out. Also more like to see the incoming text stoppage after the behind the scenes forced reboot after the 20hours of operation... You can tell the system rebooted in background easily with the current "bug" that is in system. The Ambient light will reset back to gray/white but if you go to the light setting you will see it set to another color & quickly spin in front of you.

I have found need to just play with the original procedure's last few steps to get the incoming texts to work again. IE connect as normal- turn BT on/OFF on phone- confirm the notifications setting is there & toggle on/off & then do a cycle of toggling BT on/off in the order from the original steps laid out in the other threads..

And YES- outgoing with iphone doesn't work though Ford...need to JUST press the Siri button once on iphone & then you can reply to the incoming text via voice - have it read back- & then sent via voice AND do NOT need to pay $99 for the new app that appears to only work with "sync" & not MFT. The Smart driving assist that was pressed released the other day & discussed over at the sync my ride forum

AND do NOT need to pay $99 for the new app that appears to only work with "sync" & not MFT. The Smart driving assist that was pressed released the other day & discussed over at the sync my ride forum

The compatibility list includes Lincoln models that offer only MyLincoln Touch (MFT), they also stated that it's coming next week, and since we are already waiting for 3.7 (or 3.7.11) MFT/MLT update, it might actually come next week.

https://www.automatic.com/ford/

REMINDER with IOS 8 now downloadable...smart practices dictate then you should do a clean install with MFT- delete sync from phone & phone from sync- & then start over to pair phone & follow the step by steps to get incoming texting to work....This will max success of items working with MFT...

I have IOS 8 on iphone 4s & My incoming texts are working fine & outgoing with Siri assist is as well

Edited by drpepper

I am running the latest MFT update, applied the fix for iphone text. This worked for a while then started reading texts only when edge is not in motion. I can be in drive, but stopped it will read texts, once i start moving the text buttons are greyed out. same issue when MFT is paired with Samsung Galaxy.

Thanks for all the comments