Replace factory speakers

The factory speaker have poor highs.Do you think there will be a noticable difference upgrading?

Absolutely, definitely yes. Do you have the high mounted tweeters in the door near the outside mirrors? If so then get the 5.25" component sets and the tweeter will drop right into the stock location. If not you can still mount the tweeters near the A pillar for much better highs.

Just replacing the door speakers with better speakers will also help but not quite as much.

I have the audiophile on my fusion and the Polk Audio 5.25" component set is like night and day compared to the stock audiophile speakers.

Absolutely, definitely yes. Do you have the high mounted tweeters in the door near the outside mirrors? If so then get the 5.25" component sets and the tweeter will drop right into the stock location. If not you can still mount the tweeters near the A pillar for much better highs.

Just replacing the door speakers with better speakers will also help but not quite as much.

I have the audiophile on my fusion and the Polk Audio 5.25" component set is like night and day compared to the stock audiophile speakers.

No seperate tweeters

2 in each door and the sub

The door speakers are 2 way speakers and Ford counts them as 2 speakers. Not saying it's right, but that's the way they do it.

I'd recommend the Polk db571 or MMC570 or Infinity Kappa 682.7cf or a 5.25" component setup like the db5250 if you want to mount your own tweeters.

The door speakers are 2 way speakers and Ford counts them as 2 speakers. Not saying it's right, but that's the way they do it.

I'd recommend the Polk db571 or MMC570 or Infinity Kappa 682.7cf or a 5.25" component setup like the db5250 if you want to mount your own tweeters.

You don't count a 2 way speaker as two speakers unless there separate.That doesn't surprise me being the way there pricing and describing there options lately.

I don't know about mounting tweeters.I really don't want to mess anything up cosmetically.5.25"? aren't they 5x7?

Do you know of a web site with sample pics of car audio upgrades.?

Now you're splitting hairs...it's 2 speakers mounted on a single plate, so one plate, 2 speakers. Co-ax's are 2 speakers too...

I would also recommend the Polk set. Had a pair of 6.5"ers in a pick up once, and had great midbass coverage

Now you're splitting hairs...it's 2 speakers mounted on a single plate, so one plate, 2 speakers. Co-ax's are 2 speakers too...

I would also recommend the Polk set. Had a pair of 6.5"ers in a pick up once, and had great midbass coverage

I don't think its splitting hairs.there's separation with individual speakers.Every car I ever bought that had 6 or more speakers,were all separate. So if you go by that logic, if they included a midrange speaker it would be 12 way.

You don't count a 2 way speaker as two speakers unless there separate.That doesn't surprise me being the way there pricing and describing there options lately.

I don't know about mounting tweeters.I really don't want to mess anything up cosmetically.5.25"? aren't they 5x7?

Do you know of a web site with sample pics of car audio upgrades.?

Like I said - I don't agree with it either but it is what it is.

Component speakers that have separate woofers and tweeters are normally round, not oval, thus the 5.25" woofer (or mid-bass) speaker. Crutchfield gives you an adapter to fit it to the 5x7 opening.

Just get the 5x7/6x8 coax speakers if you don't want to bother with mounting the tweeter. Or get a shop to install them. Having the tweeters close to ear level makes a huge difference.

I don't think its splitting hairs.there's separation with individual speakers.Every car I ever bought that had 6 or more speakers,were all separate. So if you go by that logic, if they included a midrange speaker it would be 12 way.

A 2 way speaker has what? That's right Bob, 2 speakers that work separately from each other (designed for 2 different sets of frequency ranges). The plate in each door is a 2 way (not an 8 way in all; still a 2 way set up).

• 3 months later...

Lex,

I was thinking about doing the same thing in the 4 doors. Not wanting to spend a bundle (its a leased vehicle), I was going to go with the 5x7 JL Audio 2-ways in all 4 doors. I think Crutchfield has them for $139.00/pr. I'll see if I can get the link.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...Audio&tp=93

These are made to fit into the doors with no mods.

Edited by tiaquessa

Lex,

I was thinking about doing the same thing in the 4 doors. Not wanting to spend a bundle (its a leased vehicle), I was going to go with the 5x7 JL Audio 2-ways in all 4 doors. I think Crutchfield has them for $139.00/pr. I'll see if I can get the link.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...Audio&tp=93

These are made to fit into the doors with no mods.

yep, saw those BUT the Infinity's are listed here as liked by others plus there are like 25 ratings on the Infinities and 0 on the JL Audio. I do not know much about audio items like speakers, enough to tell what I like, but in absence of hearing anything it seems like user feedback ratings are a great way to go and I would like to do same style in both doors. plus I think Infinity are a bit cheaper (great prices on eBay as well). to me.. I know nada about JL or Infinity - just what others mention as solid performers and quality.

Edited by Lex Talionis

I'm thinking of replacing front and rear speakers.Equiped with the Audiophile upgrade.Like qulity sound,tight bass and clean highs.Want everything to fit with no cosmetic changes.Suggestions please!Thanks

I have listened to Infinity, JL Audio, Boston Acoustics, Focal, Morel, a/d/s and a few others. The key thing to determine which speaker you will like is your listening habits. Do you want a speaker that will reproduce highs and mids well because you listen to music such as classical or jazz? Do you want a speaker that will have a good bass punch for when you listen to hip-hop, dance music, or hard rock? Do you want a speaker that can do both of the above?

As for me, I am looking for a speaker that can handle all of the above. From my listening experience, I like Boston Acoustics, JL Audio (VR and XR Series), Morel, Infinity (Kappa Series), and Diamond. Granted, that is a short list, but the only way to determine what you like is to head to a store and take a quick listen with some decent test material.

I have listened to Infinity, JL Audio, Boston Acoustics, Focal, Morel, a/d/s and a few others. The key thing to determine which speaker you will like is your listening habits. Do you want a speaker that will reproduce highs and mids well because you listen to music such as classical or jazz? Do you want a speaker that will have a good bass punch for when you listen to hip-hop, dance music, or hard rock? Do you want a speaker that can do both of the above?

As for me, I am looking for a speaker that can handle all of the above. From my listening experience, I like Boston Acoustics, JL Audio (VR and XR Series), Morel, Infinity (Kappa Series), and Diamond. Granted, that is a short list, but the only way to determine what you like is to head to a store and take a quick listen with some decent test material.

dude, I do not even know what "highs and mids" are to be honest.

for me... I like it very crisp and very clear and tend to crank up the treble more than bass - bass is of so so interest to me. it feels like our stock speakers and muted and dull and very little life versus the crisp clear I like and with the treble all the way up, it is still rather muted to me - like I am listening behind a closed door.

dude, I do not even know what "highs and mids" are to be honest.

for me... I like it very crisp and very clear and tend to crank up the treble more than bass - bass is of so so interest to me. it feels like our stock speakers and muted and dull and very little life versus the crisp clear I like and with the treble all the way up, it is still rather muted to me - like I am listening behind a closed door.

Highs = Treble

Mids, or midrange consists of the frequencies starting at 1,000 Hz and up to 9,000 or 10,000 Hz

The Infinity Kappas are a good choice but you might want to take a listen to some of the speakers I listed. Especially the Boston Acoustics.

anyone know the spec's on the 9 speaker, Audiophile system in the Limited? can't find much in my searching...

power, watts, size of subwoofer, blah blah... anything?

UPDATE:

CD changer with 9 speakers in 5

locations: 4 two-way speakers are mounted in the doors, and

an 8" subwoofer and 190-watt amplifier are mounted in the

back to round out your sonic experience

Edited by Lex Talionis