Vista Roof Problems

I finally got my Ford dealer to give me information about the Edge (SEL with the roof and AWD) we ordered from hin July 26. He called a month ago to tell us that it would be in the following week. That obviously never happened. Were starting to get some delivered in MN now and I called him to find out about mine. He said the Ford Rep said that there having problems with the Vista Roof and that there going to start building them for delivery in Feb or March. This sucks pretty bad seeing that I need a new car. Can anyone confirm this info or tell me if I'm going to start seeing sel's with a roof in the next month. HE said he wont give me my $500 back if I buy someplace else. Thanks-

I finally got my Ford dealer to give me information about the Edge (SEL with the roof and AWD) we ordered from hin July 26. He called a month ago to tell us that it would be in the following week. That obviously never happened. Were starting to get some delivered in MN now and I called him to find out about mine. He said the Ford Rep said that there having problems with the Vista Roof and that there going to start building them for delivery in Feb or March. This sucks pretty bad seeing that I need a new car. Can anyone confirm this info or tell me if I'm going to start seeing sel's with a roof in the next month. HE said he wont give me my $500 back if I buy someplace else. Thanks-

Breach of contract. Can he just hold your deposit forever? What if Ford gives you delivery date of July 2020? Take him to small claims court for the $500 plus interest. You'll win easily.

Call your local news outlet. Call your area Ford dealer rep.

Breach of contract. Can he just hold your deposit forever? What if Ford gives you delivery date of July 2020? Take him to small claims court for the $500 plus interest. You'll win easily.

Call your local news outlet. Call your area Ford dealer rep.

Absolutely agreed. It makes no sense for you to be penalized for Ford's inability to deliver your vehicle of choice according to a reasonable timeline.

B/S. Tell him that YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO GET YOUR CAR IN NOVEMBER AND IT IS THE END OF DECEMBER. Tell them that you DEMAND YOUR DEPOSIT BACK or you will take them to small claims court, call the local news and call the BBB. Besides, they screwed you. My dealer only wanted $100 deposit to order my Edge SE. In fact, they ordered me an SEL almost the same w/ my name on it as well. If I called them tomorrow and told them to keep it they would mail me my deposit back immediately because they will be able to sell my car without a problem.

Now with that note. I ordered mine in August (I think) and a week before I placed my order my sales person took an order for an SEL w/ leather and a Vista Roof. Well, my orders were delayed to be built and moved for the week of Thanksgiving Delivery. Her's was moved until late december / early january and she wasn't too happy. Well guess what came in today before mine? Her customers SEL w/ Vista Roof which was ordered before mine.

So, if you really want it and they are giving it to you for what it should be sold for just wait a little longer because the Vista Roofs are already shipping.

Good luck.

Bill

Problems with the Vista Roof? ...First I've heard of it.

I'm a dealer in Manitoba, Canada and I have not heard of any problems with the Vista Roof from my Ford rep and I have a car with the Vista roof already in stock (roof working perfectly).

There is a VISTA roof Edge (and leather and all that) on the lot at the Ford dealer here near Indianapolis so they are out there. I really liked the rims that one. I think it was a SEL, mid-30s in price.

Joe

Thanks for the info. I should have never ordered from the dealer. I think I will look for a ford dealer to get a SEL with a roof and then push hte subject about getting my $500 back. Has anyone seen a black cloth interior? I saw a brocure yesterday that was black leather and it has a tan top and sides and it looked pretty sharp. I was wondering if my Charcoal interior might have that look or will it all be charcoal. My oder was a black exterior and charcoal interior.

There is a VISTA roof Edge (and leather and all that) on the lot at the Ford dealer here near Indianapolis so they are out there. I really liked the rims that one. I think it was a SEL, mid-30s in price.

Joe

I test drove one with a vista roof last week however, it had manafacturer plates and was a "loner" to dealer for test drives only (Not for Sale). It did look really nice, and the the sun shades when used give the interior the finished look of a regular headliner!

bals 13 Your dealer is full of S**t. We've been building the Vista roofs on Edges and MKX's since day One.(I work in the Body Dept. OAC) Sounds like he's willing to give you any excuse for the delay rather than doing a little work of his of his own. ANY built vehicle can be traced from the 1st job in Body framing all the way to your dealer.

bals 13 Your dealer is full of S**t. We've been building the Vista roofs on Edges and MKX's since day One.(I work in the Body Dept. OAC) Sounds like he's willing to give you any excuse for the delay rather than doing a little work of his of his own. ANY built vehicle can be traced from the 1st job in Body framing all the way to your dealer.

I know he is full of it. I wish I would see some with a roof around, so I can call him on it though. RT2525, Could you tell me if the Carcoal interior has a tan top and sides or if it is all black inside? I saw the charcoal leather has a tan top and it looked really sharp. Thanks-

I know he is full of it. I wish I would see some with a roof around, so I can call him on it though. RT2525, Could you tell me if the Carcoal interior has a tan top and sides or if it is all black inside? I saw the charcoal leather has a tan top and it looked really sharp. Thanks-

Sorry bals13, to take so long to get back to you, haven't been on for awhile with the holidays and all. I'll be working in the plant on the 29th. Will get back to you on the 30th for sure!

Thanks for the info. I should have never ordered from the dealer. I think I will look for a ford dealer to get a SEL with a roof and then push hte subject about getting my $500 back. Has anyone seen a black cloth interior? I saw a brocure yesterday that was black leather and it has a tan top and sides and it looked pretty sharp. I was wondering if my Charcoal interior might have that look or will it all be charcoal. My oder was a black exterior and charcoal interior.

I've seen the black cloth but in the SEL you can only get leather.

I'll be working in the plant on the 29th. Will get back to you on the 30th for sure!

What work are you doing on the 29th?

I've seen the black cloth but in the SEL you can only get leather.

What work are you doing on the 29th?

First, to answer bal13's question about the trim colors,as far as I could tell ALL Edge interiors have the light tan upper trim.I didn't care for it much at first but it really grows on you, most customers are going to be very pleased. I was in on the29th working in pre-delivery doing metal repair and fits. All retrofitted vehicles have to go through the process again before release

According to someone I know who works directly with Ford Marketing, there is some sort of problem with the Vista Roof. So there is a good probability of what bals13's dealer told him is true. Infact all the Edges with Vista Roofs currently on the auto show circuit are preproduction models, as they are unable to get production models currently.

According to someone I know who works directly with Ford Marketing, there is some sort of problem with the Vista Roof. So there is a good probability of what bals13's dealer told him is true. Infact all the Edges with Vista Roofs currently on the auto show circuit are preproduction models, as they are unable to get production models currently.

Guy get over it! There is nothing wrong with the Vista Roofs.

Have to agree with foxrun, BAMR roof problems are old news-corrected months ago, we've been shipping all versions of Edge and MKX since Dec.7.