Back up camera - guide lines have disappeared!

Islhrbr

You didn't list what year your Edge is so I didn't know which owner's manual to look up. I looked at the one for the 2011 model year, and those guidelines can be turned on or off in your vehicle settings.

Try looking again in your owner's manual under rear view camera and see if it is listed.

It is a 2011 SEL and we have looked at the manual, gone to the settings - they are on, but still no lines. We turned them off, then back on, still nothing. And yes, we have done that with the vehicle in park. It beeps as usual when you are getting close to an object but the red and yellow guidelines are gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my 2011 Edge and the software was up to date. Backup guides had disappeared and all the normal fixes went out the window. The fix was to replace the APIM or Accessory Protocol Interface Module which is basically the entire Sync computer behind the screen. Since it's been replaced ALL of my Sync issues have disappeared and Sync works flawlessly! I'm glad it was under warranty because I understand it's quite expensive.

Good Luck!

I had the same problem with my 2011 Edge and the software was up to date. Backup guides had disappeared and all the normal fixes went out the window. The fix was to replace the APIM or Accessory Protocol Interface Module which is basically the entire Sync computer behind the screen. Since it's been replaced ALL of my Sync issues have disappeared and Sync works flawlessly! I'm glad it was under warranty because I understand it's quite expensive.

Good Luck!

That (APIM) is covered under the Ford extended warranty coverage they sent to all owners. Ford extended the coverage to 5 years, regardless of mileage. It is Ford Customer Satisfaction Program 12M02 according to the notice I received in January of 2013.