2015 Edge Official Pricing with DEALER COST

exodus

Just FYI - those are the same dealer invoice prices you can get anywhere else on the internet. However that does not include the FDAF (advertising) fee that is a legitimate part of the final dealer invoice. It usually runs around $400 but varies by location. There is also a small fuel fee ($8 or so).

If you add up the invoice prices add destination and $400 you'll be within $100 or so of the actual dealer invoice. X plan will be about $150 higher.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dealers do deserve to make a profit but when you buy your vehicle it will depreciate dramatically when its driven off the lot. Now say you want to trade it in two years later they tell you your car is only worth 14 thousand. they end up selling it for 22 thousand. Thats a joke, and that is why people want to get a good deal in the first place sometime. basically they double ended the deal because they sold it to you for a certain price and get it back and sell it again for a certain price they never loose but you loose.

Dealers do deserve to make a profit but when you buy your vehicle it will depreciate dramatically when its driven off the lot. Now say you want to trade it in two years later they tell you your car is only worth 14 thousand. they end up selling it for 22 thousand. Thats a joke, and that is why people want to get a good deal in the first place sometime. basically they double ended the deal because they sold it to you for a certain price and get it back and sell it again for a certain price they never loose but you loose.

But the depreciation isn't caused by the dealer. It's caused by consumers. Nobody wants to pay full price for a vehicle that's been purchased and driven by someone else. Even selling it privately you get similar results.

As for lowball trade ins - that's the wholesale business. The dealer can go to the car auction and buy a used car just like yours at wholesale prices so there is no reason for them to give you more than that.

And there is nothing forcing you to accept a lowball trade in. You can sell the vehicle yourself at retail prices.

I understand the sentiment and feeling dealers are ripping you off on trade ins but it's just an offer that you don't have to accept.

Anybody knows specifics as to why Class II towing not available on the Sport model? Also would like to learn more about what "sway control" is.

Thanks mucho,

Sway control keeps the vehicle under control when towing and the load starts to sway back and forth.

The main reason for no towing is the rear bumper design - can't accommodate the hitch.

Anybody knows specifics as to why Class II towing not available on the Sport model? Also would like to learn more about what "sway control" is.

Thanks mucho,

Welcome to the forum autoansguy.

Ford's explanation of sway control on the 2014 Ford Edge.

"Tow up to 3,500 lbs. when your Ford Edge is properly equipped with the available Class II Trailer Tow Package, which includes trailer sway control. It works in conjunction with the AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™) to help maintain vehicle and trailer stability while you’re towing a trailer. Trailer sway control applies brake force to individual wheels and, if necessary, the system reduces engine power to help the driver regain control of the vehicle and trailer."

"Standard AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®) uses two gyroscopic sensors to monitor both yaw rate and roll rate. This allows AdvanceTrac with RSC to help you maintain control whenever it detects wheelslip, understeer, oversteer or roll motion. It also helps maintain control in adverse road conditions such as ice, gravel or rain."
Don't get me started on how plastic facia prevents the 2015 Edge Sport from having trailer tow option. I realize the 2015 Edge Sport uses the new engine designed for the 2015 F150. The quick answer is Ford believes the consumers don't want to tow a trailer with the Edge Sport model.
Edited by JimPA
  • Like 2

Chris - I ran across this. The story was interesting to me. What day of the month you buy you car may be important as to what deal you get.

AT THE CAR LOT

The sales team at Town and Country Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram in Levittown, NY, is hustling to sell their quota: 129 new cars by the end of the month.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/at-the-car-lot/

To JimPA,

Thanks much for taking the time to research and reply twice to my questions about Sport trailer hitch and sway control. Can't seem to send a private msg. thanks until I have 5 posts.

Ford just may drive me to buy the 2016 M-B GLC, which is available with Class II hitch. Oh well, what's another $12-14K to get what I want. :):drool::shrug::banghead:

To JimPA,

Thanks much for taking the time to research and reply twice to my questions about Sport trailer hitch and sway control. Can't seem to send a private msg. thanks until I have 5 posts.

Ford just may drive me to buy the 2016 M-B GLC, which is available with Class II hitch. Oh well, what's another $12-14K to get what I want. :):drool::shrug::banghead:

No problem Autoansguy. I had the same questions as you and just recycled my research. I find myself in the same situation as you, looking for a CUV/SUV that meets my needs better than the redesigned Edge. As Blitz said in another thread, consider waiting for the redesigned 2016 Lincoln MKX. The MKX may come standard with the 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 and you should be able to get the Class II Trailer Tow Package as well as some other options you may not of even thought of. i believe more details on the 2016 MKX will start coming out soon.

If you end up pulling the trigger on the Mercedes Benz GLC, please let me know your impressions. I worked on German equipment and was very impressed with their engineering.