Rear Turn Signal Randomly Works / Stops Working

Hey all,

Brand new to this forum. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My girlfriend's edge (2010 SEL) has a turn signal problem -

Sometimes the signal on the rear right side does not flash when engaged, and other times it does. It isn't burnt out since it randomly decides to start flashing again when activated. I think it may be a loose wire, but I can't be sure.

Anyone else have this issue as well?

When it is not working, does that side blink faster or still the normal flash rate? If it is not seeing the filament in the bulb then it should. As akirby said, the bulb would be the first place to start. I have seen bulbs do this before as well but normally not for to long before they finally go out completely.

When it is not working, does that side blink faster or still the normal flash rate? If it is not seeing the filament in the bulb then it should. As akirby said, the bulb would be the first place to start. I have seen bulbs do this before as well but normally not for to long before they finally go out completely.

When it's not working, it flashes at a fast rate, and one can observe only the front (left) signal working outside and not the back (left) signal.

It still may not be the bulb itself but that is where you need to start. Also check the socket, many have reported that the Ford sockets fit a little loose on replacement bulbs so make sure the metal tabs are fitting snug on the bulb as well. If both of those items check out, I can post the diagrams showing all the connector points so you can check those as well if that is something that you would want to do.