"New to me" 2011 Edge Limited

Canadian Diesel

Hey guys, figured I should join this forum since I already have a couple questions and I only picked up my Edge this morning. I'll attach a pic of "her" ;-)

One concern I have is when I test drove my Edge, it had HID headlights, and it was even noted & pictured in the ad.

To my surprise, when I was driving around tonight, there are no HID lights to be found...just what seems like Halogens in the stock projector setup.

How is that possible? Could the dealer have swapped the bulbs and hope I didn't notice?

Also, as a new owner is there anything in general I should be concerned about?

I currently own a Superduty......Ford guy!

Cheers,

Matt

post-32901-0-46998600-1415242795_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Matt, nice lookin' Edge you got there :) AWD or FWD?

I thought HID wasn't approved for Canadian vehicles, so you seem to be the victim of misleading advertising. OEM HID setups are completely different from halogen setups, you can't just swap bulbs in & out. Aftermarket HID, yes, but not OEM.

You should be concerned with enjoying the Edge TOO much! Seriously, the best known issues for this gen of Edge have been the "door ajar" warning, the sticking BAMR, failing brake booster, and the defective throttle body. The 22" wheels are prone to all kinds of issues, but not the smaller sizes. Check the battery to see when it was manufactured. If anywhere near 3 years of age or more, be prepared to replace soon.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Matt, nice lookin' Edge you got there :) AWD or FWD?

I thought HID wasn't approved for Canadian vehicles, so you seem to be the victim of misleading advertising. OEM HID setups are completely different from halogen setups, you can't just swap bulbs in & out. Aftermarket HID, yes, but not OEM.

You should be concerned with enjoying the Edge TOO much! Seriously, the best known issues for this gen of Edge have been the "door ajar" warning, the sticking BAMR, failing brake booster, and the defective throttle body. The 22" wheels are prone to all kinds of issues, but not the smaller sizes. Check the battery to see when it was manufactured. If anywhere near 3 years of age or more, be prepared to replace soon.

Thanks for your help! It's an AWD :-)

So what I gather from your reply is that it had aftermarket HID lights when I test drove it (I am positive that it did have HIDs, they had the start up of an HID) and they were swapped out before delivery...NOT cool.

You'll have to help me out with the BAMF term, lol!

Otherwise I'm loving my edge, the only thing its missing is Nav and the Panoramic roof. But not a very big deal for me.

Welcome and best of luck with the new ride. I just got a deal on a '13 SEL just off lease with 11K miles (dealer's wife's turn in). Looks/rides like brand new. Has a few optional bells & whistles like the BAMR and 20" wheels, but some of the SEL standards are a bit of a let down, especially the sound system. Wish I held out for one with Nav, but in the end couldn't pass up the deal I got. I can always stick a Garmin to the windshield when I absolutely need nav.

Dealers are not above switching out things on used cars. My wife's Grand Cherokee had optional cross members on the roof rack when we test drove it and they were not there when it was delivered. I made sure they were replaced before I took delivery. I pointed them out to the salesman when I test drove it and he developed amnesia when it was delivered. I told them the deal was off if it wasn't fixed.