2007 Edge vs 2008 Edge??

kbesner

I have an 07 - loaded except for the Nav, DVD and tow package. The only 2 things that would have interested me on the 08 was the power lift gate (once I heard it won't close via remote, I lost interest) and the Sync (a very good friend absolutely has an 08 with the Sync and loves it).

I guess you just need to decide what options you want and which model appeals to you.

I will say this though - the 07 lift "handle" is under the Ford emblem - not visible when looking at the back of the Edge. The 08 has a cut out below the license plate for the "handle."

I like the clean look of the 07 myself.

I have an 07 - loaded except for the Nav, DVD and tow package. The only 2 things that would have interested me on the 08 was the power lift gate (once I heard it won't close via remote, I lost interest) and the Sync (a very good friend absolutely has an 08 with the Sync and loves it).

I guess you just need to decide what options you want and which model appeals to you.

I will say this though - the 07 lift "handle" is under the Ford emblem - not visible when looking at the back of the Edge. The 08 has a cut out below the license plate for the "handle."

I like the clean look of the 07 myself.

Ohhhh...never mind about the lift gate. My friend just told me that it does close via key fob. Very nice option then.

What are the main differences?

Is it worth 2500 - 3000 extra to get a 2008 (assuming options are similar)??

Thanks!

Hi there. I think the 07 and 08 are both really nice. The Edge is nice all around...But I can honestly say, I love the SYNC in my 08. Just as Good_Hands stated, the automatic power lift gate is wonderful also. I have enjoyed grocery shopping for a change...I just prance out to my Edge and hit the key fob button twice to lift her up, then twice to put her back down...

Love it! lol.

Hi there. I think the 07 and 08 are both really nice. The Edge is nice all around...But I can honestly say, I love the SYNC in my 08. Just as Good_Hands stated, the automatic power lift gate is wonderful also. I have enjoyed grocery shopping for a change...I just prance out to my Edge and hit the key fob button twice to lift her up, then twice to put her back down...

Love it! lol.

Do you actually prance? Or is it more like a skip...or a cute little walk/jump/walk?

The 08 lift gate is really, ugly?

YES get the 08 though, do not go for something that is already a year old.

Cream...are you asking that as a question, or making a statement?

The "handle hole" does not really bother me. I do like the cleaner look of the 07, but I really adore the power lift gate, and to me the hole is worth it...heh!

I would go ahead and go for the 08 simply because the 08 Limited has the new SYNC(if that is of interest to you).

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a 2008 for my wife and one of the big selling points was the power lift gate and sync system. Not much of a price difference either since they didn't seem to be giving deals on the 07's.

One thing I did see is the 08's getting worse gas mileage. (about 2mpg worse) Anyone have an idea on what was changed to get the 08's worse gas mileage?

Well, the new mail-slot in the rear of the car is a big hit on its best angle. I don't know what Ford was thinking-'uh, we have this plastic box kinda like a handle we could stick in a big square hole'-'sounds good-run with it!'

I must be a super genius secret agent man because I have no problems opening and closing the rear hatch on an 07. Other then that, the limited model and the reverse of the panel colors in the camel/stone interiors looks fantastic. The lighter dashes pretty much reflected perfectly into the window(I have the all-black interior). Sync is very cool too, but I make it a point to avoid phone calls when I'm on the road so it doesnt really matter to me either way personally. So all good changes except the giant slot in the tailgate.

Its almost as if manufacturers jump to appease the stupid people then making them learn how to actually do something that takes the slightest bit of coordination.

Edited by kevinb120