Edge Ecoboost Owners?

robertlane

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, we picked my wife's up two weeks ago and it is great so far. If you are wondering about the power, it has smooth response accelerating but if you get on it, it will grab and move. So far we have 869 miles on it, 119 of those were put on because of a dealer swap. Twenty to thirty percent of the remaining miles are 55mph between towns, the rest are town miles. My wife is not used to the accelerator yet and we are averaging 23 mpg. Last Tuesday, I put a K&N filter in it. We have the Limited with the Vista roof package.

Edited by epsanto2
  • Like 2

What's you experience with the Edge Ecoboost so far?

So far it is great. Actually, I have had no problems with anything so far. MFT seems to work fine. Only possible issue may be voice recognition and that may be me. Mileage seems to be 24 around town with a little highway driving mixed in. Did a road trip a couple weeks ago and got 28 on a windy day.

How is your's working out?

Edited by epsanto2

• 2 weeks later...

So far it is great. Actually, I have had no problems with anything so far. MFT seems to work fine. Only possible issue may be voice recognition and that may be me. Mileage seems to be 24 around town with a little highway driving mixed in. Did a road trip a couple weeks ago and got 28 on a windy day.

How is your's working out?

Funny. When my wife gives SYNC a command, it responds. When I do, it does something goofy!

That's awesome mileage for the Edge. I am impressed!

• 2 months later...

What a nice ride this Edge is. We really like this Ecoboost. Got the white SEL with sunroof. Only one thing spooked me a bit. I looked around under the hood and noticed that the power steering reservoir cap was missing. Just a freak thing I imagine, but we should always look a new car over real well.

SYNC is behaving and working perfectly for us, and our mileage is averaging 22+ around town.

Got my Edge SEL ecoboost a little over a week ago. So far my impressions are cabin is very quiet, responsive acceleration from stop to go, MFT is slow and glitchy but overall its much better than the Mazda 6 that i replaced. Hopefully the MFT will still be supported and improved on all the older models.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, Ford is sending out upgrades for both MFT and NAV systems. I received mine and installed it. Actually improved both systems. It's an easy upgrade to do. Just plug in the flash card and it does it. The only thing is it takes about an hour to do and you have to sit there with the engine idling. We love the vehicle, just hopes the milage improves.

• 4 weeks later...

We took delivery of our 2012 Edge EcoBoost Limited 3/1/12 and we have about 1400 miles on it so far. Combined highway/ city (60/40) driving we are getting about 22.8 mpg. Not too impressed with the mpg so far. We love everything else about the Edge. It is quiet, comfortable, seems to have plenty of acceleration and power, handles nicely and is fun to drive. The MFT (pre-update version) had one lock up several days after we brought it home, but no glitches since. Everything seems to work just fine now. We have not received the MFT update from Ford as yet and, after reading in the owners forum the issues others are having after installing the update, I think I will skip it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Either the owners on that forum are a bunch of goof balls or the update is a complete POS. Unless or until my MFT starts to cause problems, I am going to leave it alone.

We are heading out on our first 1200 mile round trip in a few days and I am curious to see what kind of mpg we get on the road. I can get 27/28 at 60 mph fairly easily but, at 70-75 it drops off very rapidly to 23/24mpg or so. This has been my experience on short 30-35 mile runs at 70/75 mph. If the Edge does not do MUCH better than that on a long 450 mile run at steady highway speeds, I am not going to be a happy camper. I traded in a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 liter V-8, full time AWD, with 117,000 miles on it that got 21.5 average at 75 mph on a trip to Chicago from Orlando and back last October. If I only get 1-2 mpg more from a high tech turbo that I paid a thousand bucks extra for, I am going to go over to the dark side and Ford ain't gonna like me much.

That may be premature at this point so I will wait until I see for my self what this 2.0L turbo is really capable of delivering. The trip from Orlando to north Georgia and back should reveal what this thing is really made of. More to follow in a few weeks.

I picked up my 2012 Ford Edge with the 2.0 EcoBoost on Mar. 16th. So far I love the Edge, rides quiet drives excellent. I have leather, back-up camera, electric lift gate and Sync. Also have roof rails. No Ford Touch and just as happy without it. The color is Mineral Gray, very pretty.

I have the 18" Chrome wheels which sets off the Edge really nicely.

I now have over 700 miles on the odometer, mostly stop and go with the exception of a trip to Ocala which was 85 miles one way. This pushed my gas mileage to over 23 mpg. I do notice that the exhaust is black and looks like it is running rich but the gas mileage seems to fine.

I will wait until I have more mileage on the odometer before going back to the dealer and complain. I traded in a 2010 Ford Escape with only

13,000 on the odometer. It was a four cyl. and ran well but road noise was my complaint as it took the pleasure out of driving.

The Edge is so much quieter and rides so much better. It was really too soon to trade but decided to do it and begin enjoying driving again.

The trade was not to my liking as I believe I paid too much to trade but that's water over the dam. Anyway, I do find the Edge to be a very

nice vehicle.