Low Fuel Chime - MKX

bigmoguls

I have an 07 mkX. When the MTE "Miles to empty" reaches 50 miles, the display shows "LOW FUEL" but there is no warning chime. Does anyone else get a chime when low fuel indicator comes on?

Scott.

uhmmm.... Perhaps your last vehicle had one, but for the 4 brands of Ford's I've driven their is NO chime for the fuel warning. And your fuel warning is also based on the mile's left, that is sitting on top of your reserve.

I've driven past the 0 miles left. I've driven 30 miles past the 0 miles left actually.

I have also noticed I can drive a heck of a lot longer than that, if I switch it over to the metric reading when it get's low and drive for what seems forever that way.

uhmmm.... Perhaps your last vehicle had one, but for the 4 brands of Ford's I've driven their is NO chime for the fuel warning. And your fuel warning is also based on the mile's left, that is sitting on top of your reserve.

I've driven past the 0 miles left. I've driven 30 miles past the 0 miles left actually.

I have also noticed I can drive a heck of a lot longer than that, if I switch it over to the metric reading when it get's low and drive for what seems forever that way.

I have an '03 Expedition that chimes and our '01 Aurora chimed also.

My '05 F150 had the single ding when it hit 50 miles and 25 miles.

I took the Edge on a 300+ mile road trip this weekend. So when I reached our destination I forgot to put gas in. Well, we drove it around K.C. a couple times when I finally noticed that I was out of gas. The computer said we had 5 miles till empty. I put in 17.3 gallons, and if I remember right it's an 18 gallon tank. So, I think 0 is as far down as I would want to get.