Launch Date

I hope that you are wrong. The Edge should be thought of as a baby embryo. They should spare no expense in order to ensure a healthy birth. One work station which is not set up properly equals five years of inefficiency and/or ergonomic problems. One defective part equals five years of warranty payments. I could go on, but I believe that you can see what I am saying. I believe that Ford is on the ball, and everything will be fine, but not magically overnight. It takes a bit of time. Be patient.

People are starting to go to first aid for restrictions. Jobs are overloaded and ergonomics hasn't even been addressed yet. Leaders are on the line rather than doing a leaders job. There are many issues with this vehicle that management knows about and walks away from.

We just ordered our new 2007 Ford Edge SEL - AWD last Thursday, October 5th. We got the Blazing Copper Metallic with the Camel interior along with the SEL Plus Seating Flexibility Package & Premium Package. The other options are the 18" painted aluminum wheels, DVD navigation system, Panoramic power vista roof, reverse sensing system, rear cargo mgmt system. With the X plan discount we are able to add the DVD navigation system free since the total cost for us will be around $32,000 USD. Our delear indicated that we should be able to get it by Thanskgiving and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Looking forward to having it as soon as possible. :shift: :cheerleader:

They aren't shipping anything until mid-November. Also, there is a problem with the AWD units. It is a vendor problem and they haven't sent anything to our repairmen on how to fix it. Perhaps they don't know how to fix it. I would buy the extended warranty though if I were you. First years are always fraught with recalls with subsequent models being better built with less defects. Now if we would get the manpower to produce these vehicles.....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are starting to go to first aid for restrictions. Jobs are overloaded and ergonomics hasn't even been addressed yet. Leaders are on the line rather than doing a leaders job. There are many issues with this vehicle that management knows about and walks away from.

They aren't shipping anything until mid-November. Also, there is a problem with the AWD units. It is a vendor problem and they haven't sent anything to our repairmen on how to fix it. Perhaps they don't know how to fix it. I would buy the extended warranty though if I were you. First years are always fraught with recalls with subsequent models being better built with less defects. Now if we would get the manpower to produce these vehicles.....

All you guys do on here is complain about this or that, like it will help the situation. Instead of being so negative about everything, let's think positive. This vehicle could be the best thing that has happened to Ford in along time. This consistant negitivity does not make things better, nor does it look good for the customer. Let's figure out how to make things better.

Wow! Thanks for such cheery news! Now, I just have all kinds of warm and fuzzy feelings about the Edge I ordered! Kind of like the warm and fuzzy feeling I get from watching the news.

Wow! Thanks for such cheery news! Now, I just have all kinds of warm and fuzzy feelings about the Edge I ordered! Kind of like the warm and fuzzy feeling I get from watching the news.

I wouldn't worry about it - problems always crop up that must be sorted out prior to shipment. Another thread

on this forum noted that OK to ship is not even scheduled for another 2.5 weeks. SEE POST 17 HERE.

The triplets (Fusion, Milan and Zephyr) had a variety of quality of problems that were contained BEFORE they were shipped out to consumers. In fact, the Fusion is rated very highly ARTICLE LINK.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a supplier and work closely with the PVT, Launch Team and V.O. I have very good feelings about the quality of this vehicle. Many people working on this program are from the P221 Program which was the F-150...Given that those people designed the best selling and best made pick-up truck in the world, I don't see why this won't be the best CUV ever made. Has to be better then GM's made in china crap the Equinox and Torrent!!!