remote starters

Has anyone installed a remote starter on the edge? we have a 07 and the wife is tired of a cold car here in MIchigan. Heard alot of horror stories on this stuff.

Cheers

Mike

Hey there...

I have had one factory installed by Ford. It is doing fine for me so far.

There is lots more on the subject though if you do a search...

Have a nice day...

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading the new 08 Edge Order Guide here at work. I see that you can now get remote start "Factory Installed" as an option. Option Code is 67R. They also offer a Color Coordinated Cargo Privacy Shade pre installed. Option Code is 67C for that. I wish I would have know that when I ordered my 08 in, but neither were on the 08 order guide then.

:stats:

I was reading the new 08 Edge Order Guide here at work. I see that you can now get remote start "Factory Installed" as an option. Option Code is 67R. They also offer a Color Coordinated Cargo Privacy Shade pre installed. Option Code is 67C for that. I wish I would have know that when I ordered my 08 in, but neither were on the 08 order guide then.

:stats:

They are factory ordered but I *think* they're still installed by the dealer. My guess is they just ship them with the vehicle and include them on the invoice.

Hey there...

I have had one factory installed by Ford. It is doing fine for me so far.

There is lots more on the subject though if you do a search...

Have a nice day...

Let me update my last post....

It is factory ordered. Mine was ordered to come with my vehicle, then, they install at the dealership...

Sorry...I just caught my mistake...

Mine is doing great...I work in a hospital and have to park far far away every day, and I am able to have my baby warm by the time I get to it....

I crank it up from inside the hospital....

Let me update my last post....

It is factory ordered. Mine was ordered to come with my vehicle, then, they install at the dealership...

Sorry...I just caught my mistake...

Mine is doing great...I work in a hospital and have to park far far away every day, and I am able to have my baby warm by the time I get to it....

Thats COOL, but cmon, how cold can it actually get in NC? :yup:

I was told that Remote Starts are NOW installed at the Factory, not dealer installed.

I work in a hospital and have to park far far away every day, and I am able to have my baby warm by the time I get to it....

Sounds to me like she wants it warm no matter what, so when she gets to it, it's warm for her baby.

Obviously.. you know that people do not refer to a piece of metal and plastic as their baby.

I was told that Remote Starts are NOW installed at the Factory, not dealer installed.

well...Ummm...In NC....

Would you consider snow, cold???? Just curious. Seeing as it snows here, that would suggest to me that it gets rather cold.

And seeing as I have lived here all my life, 20 degrees is rather cold to me, and we have 15, and 20 degree weather in NC in the winters...

I was unaware that it had to be Alaska to enjoy the warmth of a remote start...

:P

Oh, not to mention it gets damn HOT here...so...I can also COOl the car off in the summer....

*nods*

Oh, and btw...not sure about NOW it being factory installed, but I just got my edge about, ummm, 3 weeks ago, and THEN....it was factory ordered, DEALER installed...

Maybe it changed in the last 3 weeks....

well...Ummm...In NC....

Would you consider snow, cold???? Just curious. Seeing as it snows here, that would suggest to me that it gets rather cold.

And seeing as I have lived here all my life, 20 degrees is rather cold to me, and we have 15, and 20 degree weather in NC in the winters...

I was unaware that it had to be Alaska to enjoy the warmth of a remote start...

:P

Oh, not to mention it gets damn HOT here...so...I can also COOl the car off in the summer....

*nods*

Ok, I'm sorry, your right, that's COLD :wacko: I'm just used to my older brother whom also lives in NC, and how he's always rubbing it in when it's cold here and warm there. I never even thought about the A/C too, DUH :doh:

As far as the Remote Start being factory installed, I'm just going by what the Ford Rep told me at work. It wasn't even on the Option List when I ordered mine in Mid Oct but it's clearly listed on the newly updated one that was released in Mid November, along with the Cargo Shade.

Ok, I'm sorry, your right, that's COLD :wacko: I'm just used to my older brother whom also lives in NC, and how he's always rubbing it in when it's cold here and warm there. I never even thought about the A/C too, DUH :doh:

As far as the Remote Start being factory installed, I'm just going by what the Ford Rep told me at work. It wasn't even on the Option List when I ordered mine in Mid Oct but it's clearly listed on the newly updated one that was released in Mid November, along with the Cargo Shade.

No problem....

About the cargo shade....I did not have that option either....Hmmmm...Interesting....

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone installed a remote starter on the edge? we have a 07 and the wife is tired of a cold car here in MIchigan. Heard alot of horror stories on this stuff.

Cheers

Mike

I just got my MKX and had ordered the Remote Starter with the 6 button fob. What I got was the one button version and a long story about why the "deluxe" version, with 6 buttons, wasn't available on the MKX. Strangely though the 6 button version is available at www.lincolnaccessories.com. However the crazy part is that when I went out to test the remote starter my car wouldn't start but the Ford Escape 10ft away came to life and I had to use my remote to stop its engine. I relayed this to the salesman who didn't believe me until he tried it for himself. It was pointed out to me that I needed to push the button on the remote and wait for the car to beep and then release the button and push it again and lo and behold my car started. A minor nuisance? Maybe, but imagine getting into your car on a cold and blustery day and finding that the gas tank is empty because another Ford owner had inadvertantly started your car.

I returned to the dealership the next day in order to discuss my concerns and for them to fix my spare key which was bent when I picked up my new car. The key was repaired and "reprogrammed". I had a chance on this occasion to read the remote starter manual. I went out to my car and held the button down for 3 secs as the manual instructs and a car 30ft away sprang to life. My car? Nothing! So I tried the 2nd remote. My car beeped a few times then went in to panic mode and we had to un-panic it by pressing every button. By now I had an audience. The dealership staff were standing watching me through the showroom window. Some ventured out, incredulous.

I was late for an appointment and said I would return tomorrow to sort it all out. Got into my car, turned the key and nothing happened. It seems that had the car was now immobilised. I went back into the dealership, where by now I was something of a celebrity, and told them of my latest concern, that of not being able to start my car. They just stared and then the service dept was summoned. No one came so after a few minutes and having read the manual I realized that pressing the foot brake while turning on the ignition would solve my problem. Which it did.

I am to return to the dealership for part 3 of this saga tomorrow. I shall keep you all posted. My son jokingly pointed out that maybe I should just buy the remote and not the car, and try it out in the dealership lot. Then whichever car started up I would take home.

I would hope that it would be impossible to do that. But......!

• 7 months later...