Might order a Red Edge

droth33

I'm planning to order a loaded Edge in a couple of months for spring delivery....trouble is, I'm thinking Red with black leather with the red inserts.....Do I dare????

Any advice??

Not unless the two reds match and I don't think they do. I got the impression that the inserts were a brighter red. I'm not sure that would look that great.

That's exactly how I ordered my new '08 Redfire Edge, and I love the look of the red inserts which nicely tie the interior to the body and give it a "sports car" look (IMO). I would say that the shades of red probably don't match exactly (the inserts are just a bit lighter/brighter), but they are very close and look great. I've had many compliments on them already. I also added a black & red steering wheel cover that also compliments the interior scheme. I'll try to snap a few photos of mine and post them in my Image Album. There are photos in there now of the exterior if you want to take a look:

08GMansEdge

Ciao ~

GMan

My wife ordered a red Edge with every option except the red insert seats. It wasn't so much the red as it was she didn't want black leather interior. She's had a couple past cars with black leather and she felt it made the interior too warm in the summer. She ordered hers with the light stone interior instead. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you like the red leather inserts go for it.

My wife ordered a red Edge with every option except the red insert seats. It wasn't so much the red as it was she didn't want black leather interior. She's had a couple past cars with black leather and she felt it made the interior too warm in the summer. She ordered hers with the light stone interior instead. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you like the red leather inserts go for it.

TL,

I've had black leather for the last 10 years...........living in Michigan, I guess there aren't too many days when the seats get too hot...... :yup:

Its up to what you like. Mustangs are available with the all-red seats and Redfire paint(through 07), it was a popular option and still looks good even without being a perfect match IMO. It would look fantastic with carbon(alloy) but of course they dropped the color. The Fusion with the sport interior in Vapor silver looks very good with the virtually identical setup as the Edge's. My Mustang was Alloy with red:

post-2324-1197408730_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevinb120

TL,

I've had black leather for the last 10 years...........living in Michigan, I guess there aren't too many days when the seats get too hot...... :yup:

She had a Datsun (yes, Datsun) 280Z years ago in the early '80's that had black leather and T-tops and it was painfully hot in the summer. We had to keep towels on the seats all the time because it was so hot and you would sweat profusely just sitting in the seats. Ever since she has refused to go with black leather. Today's interiors are so much better though. Older cars had more metal in the interiors that added to the heat, window tinting wasn't as good, etc. so now I don't think the color as nearly the impact on temperature...but I can't convince her. I would have preferred her edge with black leather but she wouldn't go for it.

• 3 weeks later...
Not unless the two reds match and I don't think they do. I got the impression that the inserts were a brighter red. I'm not sure that would look that great.

I may have to take back what I previously said.

I was just back home in Akron, OH and saw a Red '08 Edge AWD Limited with the red inserts on display inside a mall (Summit Mall). It looked pretty sharp. It also had the 20" wheels and BAMR.

It appeared that the front windows were smoked, which is legal in OH, but not IL where I am living now.

(It didn't have the tow package or NAV system.)

We have a 2008 Red SEL with black interior, cloth not the leather (company would not pay for leather). The cloth actually really holds you in place versus some leathers which can get slippery when they get polished up by wear.

I would seriously look at the inserts as our interior is nice but looks a little monochromatic/stark. Something to break up the colour and tie it in to the exterior would really give it some pop!