Incorrect Navigation Display

Hi,

I have the A4 card for nav and when driving I see nav pointer off from the direction and street on, sometimes just off the the left or right slightly or off by a block and ahead of me. Does anyone experience this and if so what has fixed this. Have appointment with dealer since it is under waranty. Ford told me when I called it is because I changed to smaller winter tires, anyone agree? I went from stock 245-60-18 to 235-65-17 winters. I appreciate the help.

Been a somewhat common issue over on the F150 board when owner's swap out their tires for a different size. The best work around found (I don't recall reading about a TSB over there) has been to disconnect the battery for a while. That seems to work for the majority of the owners with the complaint.

Since a TSB has been issued, have that done if it is still under warranty. Otherwise, if you have to pay, try the disconnect. It seems to work for most owners and they have not had to redo it.

Edited by ls973800
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I will get the TSB done on thursday and than try it out and post results. If it doesn't help I will pull battery negative and try. I find it hard to beleive that changing tire size causes Nav to work incorrectly; dealer should be bombarded with this issue than. I guess if it wasn't so freakin' cold here where I live I'd put the summer tires back on to see. I guess in car Nav and garmin portable Nav have different ways of determining position.

I have the same problem and have to wait for another 2-3 weeks for an appointment. Really sucks that they put you at such low priority to get warranty work done. I will print off the TSB posted here and make sure that I request a full work order summery sheet from the dealership for all work and changes done to my vehicle to make sure that they did perform the TSB.

I am getting the feeling this will be my last Ford considering the shafting that I am getting with promises made that they have failed to deliver on in so many ways.