2012 Edge Ecoboost 1st Year of Ownership

tamugrad2013

I thought I would give a brief summary of the first year of ownership of my 2012 Ford Edge Ecoboost. Overall I have been pretty pleased with the vehicle in general. The general bad problems have all been from the dealership in Odessa, TX. When I went in to purchase this vehicle I was looking for a vehicle to get comparable mileage to my 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo. In that respect it has far exceeded it. The lowest recorded mileage was 19.3 MPG primary city driving and a lot of stop and go traffic. The highest I have ever achieved was 32.4 MPG all highway on I-20 from Tuscaloosa, AL to Columbia, SC would say a pretty steady average of ~24 MPG. So far issues have been a rattling front passenger seat that took forever to get fixed due to the incompetence of the Odessa Ford Dealer. Luckily Stanley Ford in Andrews has been a blessing. All the components in the Vista Roof had to be replaced except the glass. A transmission linkage was loose causing a shift to park message every so often. All of these were fixed by Stanley Ford. All was well until October when the fuel pump went out and it had to be towed to the dealership in Andrews, TX. Luckily that was also fixed under warranty, but that whole experience put an even worse taste in my mouth from the Odessa Ford dealership. So far I would say in a year I have had about 3000 dollars worth of work done on it if it weren't under warranty which is scary to see what will happens when the warranty does expire. The only major wear and tear issue I am worried about is the leather seats seem to be pretty cheaply made. In this one year as well I put over 21,000 miles on it which is quite a lot. I hope to have many more wonderful years with this car and hope that year two will not have nearly as many trips to the shop. I also appreciate everyones assistance on this forum and look forward to keeping up with this forum for questions and I hope I have been of some assistance as well.

• Like 1

I too have a 2012 EcoBoost but have only had it for a little over 4 months. It only has 14K miles on it so it is still pretty new in that regard. I have been really happy with mine so far as well. The only issues I have are minor. The rattle noise from the passenger side, back seat I believe that many people have reported. I have the tailgate that pops back open every so often which I read there is a TSB out for that. I also have the occasional hard shift into 2nd gear which again there is a TSB out for.

The EcoBoost gets pretty good gas millage on the highway. I get an average of 25-26 MPG combined and from what I have seen on pure highway with no traffic driving, that would be up in the 28-30 range.

So what happened with your Vista Roof that everything had to be replaced?