EBC Ultimax Slotted Rotors Installed!

So I ordered two new EBC slotted rotors from AutoAnything.com and with the promo code for 10% off it brought the total to $266 and some change. I had prevoiusly bought the EBC GreenStuff pads for trucks/SUV's to go with the new setup. They came with the new Black coating rather than the yellow zinc.

The pads and rotors were installed and coming from the cheap slotted n drilled rotors I had before, I must say theres already a noticeable improvement. The install went smoothly and now i'm in the bedding process, which is just smooth braking for the next 300-400 urban driving miles. The last rotors were already warped and they were just installed this last summer/fall. These EBCs are incredibly smooth. They grab nicely. The peddle is a little touchy at first but after the first 100 miles you get normal peddle feel back and its a geltle glide to a stop. I cannot overstate how smooth these EBCs are.brake dust seems to be low so far but I will post an update after the bedding process is over. I also used the supplied grease for the backs of the pads that contact the caliper and piston. Under easy braking i can still feel the rear brakes being applied and have noticed that they feel a little warped as well. Never again will I buy another rotor and pad setup besides OEM or these EBC's. The previous set was powerstops all the way around, the entire kit being $360ish. Lastly the new slotted rotors look nice behind the stock Limited wheels. And i noticed that the slots are cut all the way out to the edge of the rotor rather than stopping with 1/4" before the edge of the rotor like the Powerstops.

• Like 1

The first picture is the old rear Powerstop drilled & slotted rotors. Notice how the slots do not cut all the way out to the edge of the rotor. The second and third picture are the EBC Slotted Ultimax rotors installed, the third showing the slot cut all the way to the edge of the rotor. And the fourth pic shows the EBC rotors side by side showing the thickness of the surfaces. I think it says THK .26 along with the part number stamped in.post-17679-0-06446600-1429485346_thumb.jpgpost-17679-0-54246800-1429485539_thumb.jpgpost-17679-0-13261000-1429485572_thumb.jpgpost-17679-0-30287100-1429485624_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Actually the front rotors go for around $29/front & $260/rear for the EBC slotted rotors. Add about another hundred for drilled or dimpled rotors. And yea my rims got really curbed up in this last ice storm in MD.. driveway was tracked in then refroze, and driving back through destroyed the chrome foil wheels.