Driver door wont open from outside but will from inside

traxler19

Looking for some guidance to see if I can fix the issue with my Edge personally or should I have a shop take care of it. Bottom line...my exterior door handle will not work while the interior door handle will open the door without an issue. When I shake the door I hear a metal pinging noise coming from the exterior door handle area. The door handle has been disconnected. Can anyone please instruct me on fixing this issue? Or should I take it to a shop? I appreciate all your responses and guidance in advance!

Sounds to me like the clip that holds the arm on the door handle somehow came off. Usually caused by somebody trying to use a "slim jim" tool to unlock the car after keys were left inside or when trying to steal it.

I would remove the inner door panel, I'm sure there's a video online and check the rod to see if it's connected. If not reconnect it. Not really a hard job, just be sure to have the proper tools like a clip fork.

Just bought one at autozone for $4.