2010 air conditioner problems

nyrangers1022

Hey guys, my 2010 has a problem with AC. Couple weeks ago I realized the AC was not getting as cold as it should at times, then go cold again.

Then Just yesterday, it only blows cold when I have it set at 60 degrees. As soon as I bump up one setting to 65 degrees, it blows hot air. It is covered under warranty, but if its a simple $10 part, I would like to do it myself instead of paying a $100 deductible. But I got a feeling its a decent size repair anyway.

Anyone know what possibly can be wrong? Thank you

I will see next time it happens. I was just driving for 45 minutes and of course everything works fine. I'll do some more long drives and see if I can repeat the problem. Because we all know dealers won't fix anything if nothing is showing

Actually, it would no problem for the dealer to connect his scan tool to the vehicle's Vehicle Communication Module and read any DTC's stored from the last fault. I doubt you would find any $10 parts in the HVAC system.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2010 Edge and my A/C just stopped last week. The fan still blows, it doesn't cool. I took it to a mechanic and he said the hose burst and that is something he hadn't seen on a car of this age. He offered to do some research on what it would take to fix the hose and found the problem would be more complicated to fix than he would like to take on and suggested I take it to the dealership.

I had seen on another message board that there was a small leak in the hose on an Edge from 2007 or 2008. Once it was repair they said the system cooled much better - not too surprising.

Before the hose broke, I had noticed that the cooling took a while, perhaps there was a small leak that I just hadn't noticed.

Anyone else have a similar issue?