Road Side Assistance Included?

I was totally unaware that the Ford Edge came with complementary road side assistance for the first 36 months or 36000 miles. At least, that is what this Ford website says: http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineservi...t?page=roadside

It gives the full details and the phone number to call if you need assistance with: gas, flat tires, towing, jump start, unlocks

Thats a nice bonus I have read nothing about until today, but I am sure current owners already knew this.

I was totally unaware that the Ford Edge came with complementary road side assistance for the first 36 months or 36000 miles. At least, that is what this Ford website says: http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineservi...t?page=roadside

It gives the full details and the phone number to call if you need assistance with: gas, flat tires, towing, jump start, unlocks

Thats a nice bonus I have read nothing about until today, but I am sure current owners already knew this.

Hi Lex. :D Yes, Roadside Assistance has been a part of Ford's "Bumper to Bumper" Warranty for some years now. I have/had it on my 2001 Cougar, and am relatively sure it was standard on my 1999 Cougar also.

Can always cancel the AAA Membership for 3 years and save a few bucks! :hysterical:

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Seriously Lex, are you gonna buy one or not?

My GAWD you been here for like three weeks. Sorry if I am out of line but I am sure I am not the only one who wishes you would either buy one or leave us alone......

Hi DJStarr. :D I just thought I would post and mention, before this thread takes a turn for the worse, (EDIT: Too late! :banghead: ) that it seems as though Lex has ordered an Edge. He has the VIN listed in the "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees" Forum.

Good luck all! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Seriously Lex, are you gonna buy one or not?

My GAWD you been here for like three weeks. Sorry if I am out of line but I am sure I am not the only one who wishes you would either buy one or leave us alone......

for someone who acts like he has been around... guess you missed the part about me ordering one about 3 weeks ago.

Now... what do you care - or any of the 'others' you elude to - and what do you guys PM each other about me? You have an Edge currently and have been a member here since March - so you and 'us' have some sort of virtual rights and seniority over another person who is newer and not an owner yet and does not know everything about the car you do? At least it seems I participate here - in this virtual world that really means nothing. If anything - GAWD get a life and stop worrying about me man. And, don't say 'Sorry if I am...." - as you are not sorry, but you wanted to be mean and you achieved it.

Hi Lex. :D Yes, Roadside Assistance has been a part of Ford's "Bumper to Bumper" Warranty for some years now. I have/had it on my 2001 Cougar, and am relatively sure it was standard on my 1999 Cougar also.

Can always cancel the AAA Membership for 3 years and save a few bucks! :hysterical:

Good luck! :beerchug:

thanks.. did not know this. never owned a Ford and it seems like a good selling point and the salesman never mentioned this, nor do you see it as any sort of selling point on their literature at dealers or on web.... until you drill down into the Warranty text and that is kind of hidden in there. I guess I though having this topic might help a causal browser see a topic that they did not know and see it as an added little incentive and learn something. I sure would have had I seen it.

for someone who acts like he has been around... guess you missed the part about me ordering one about 3 weeks ago.

Now... what do you care - or any of the 'others' you elude to - and what do you guys PM each other about me? You have an Edge currently and have been a member here since March - so you and 'us' have some sort of virtual rights and seniority over another person who is newer and not an owner yet and does not know everything about the car you do? At least it seems I participate here - in this virtual world that really means nothing. If anything - GAWD get a life and stop worrying about me man. And, don't say 'Sorry if I am...." - as you are not sorry, but you wanted to be mean and you achieved it.

Yes we do, your quite the joke going on in the background actually.

1 person seems to be answering your questions,and that has been feeding you. It's pretty safe to say that the rest don't want to participate with you.

I'm just waiting for your next report as to when you have wiped your backside, that's about the only thing you haven't written about yet

wow.... the mean spiritedness here truly amazes me... I never would have thought so many trolls and haters on a Ford website of all places...

You know.. I am really excited about getting this car. I came here to learn - and have - and try to give back what I have learned as there are others who come here and just read to get info and that can help people decide. But you are succeeding so rejoice.. I am losing interest in participating here as several of you are just so spiteful for no real reason. Too much of an elitist attitude as though some of you are better than others. Some of your posts and comments are better than others. I realize there are a few of you that want to be the big dog on here and know it all... and can't stand when someone else has (1) an opinion other than yours (2) will stand up for themselves and (3) does not look up to you like you are Gods... it's a friggen internet web board for cars man.. not a crucial forum that matters in life

Just remember, reading and participating in threads is optional... but a few of you just troll and bash me for no real good reason. In the scheme of things, what's it really matter? Who cares? Why do you put such effort in trying so hard to put me in my place? Some of you look more goofy for just trying so hard to dog on me over such petty stuff. If you look back, I never start this garbage... it is a few of you haters with the harsh cuts and I just defend myself and my opinions. But you know... reasoning with some people like you is nearly impossible... so maybe I will just stay around as I know me being here burns you so much

Well, isnt' this a nice thread !

I am also a member at the Odyclub for our minivan and there is a lot less flaming and actually more member supplied technical assistance, pricing information for every region of north america etc.. I really appreciate the "how to" postings there that even include full step by step instructions with detailed photos etc... Good advice on TSB's and warranty items also. Hopefully this forum will "grow" in to a similar tool.

To each their own but to me it doesn't matter if someone owns, is buying or is only browsing. If there is something positive to post then who cares where it comes from?

Hey Lex, just ignore the 'trollers', they offer large, but deliver little.

Oh, don't tell me your still upset, that someone dropped a house on your sister? You got to get over it.

How's that free company car running, that you have?

Love that Avatar. Is that really your eyes?

I was unaware of this also, until I actually bought my Edge...then while going over the paperwork, and getting the keys and so forth, he tells me about it....

So, like you, I was like...."wow! Cooool!"

*chuckles*