Hello from KS

kkreit01

Hi. I'm a new Edge owner as of last night. I bought a new '14 SEL FWD in Tuxedo Black. I traded a '13 Chrysler 200 (Super) S. I really liked the car. It was pretty quick with the 3.6L. I wanted more room, and something that holds it's value better. I also really like my local Ford dealer. This is our first Edge, but not new to Fords (4 Explorers, Fusion, Freestar, F-150, 2 Mariners, MKZ, etc.). Our current other ride is a '14 Durango Limited AWD. The Edge will be my daily driver.

I look forward to doing a lot of reading on here. My first mods will be: front tint, hardwire my radar detector, cargo mat, and painted grille inserts (eventually).

Welcome to the forum, kkreit01. A great place for all the Edge tips and info you're looking for. There sure are a lot of knowledgeable owners here. (I'm an owner, but not necessarily a knowledgeable one.)

I have a '13 SEL FWD, also in Tux Black, so basically the same as your '14. Picked mine up last October, just off lease, with only 11k miles. Mint in/out.

Mine has the 20" wheels, panoramic vista roof (BAMR), NY legal tint on my front windows and I've done a couple of minor cosmetic mods... the Husky splash guards on the front and chrome door handle overlays (my chrome-clad wheels were lonely with all that Tuxedo Black). I also picked up an OEM cargo mat.

My next DIY mod project is to change out the OEM door speakers that came with the sad non-Sony base sound system. Got all the how-to I needed from this forum and just picked up the speakers last weekend. Hope to find the time in the next couple weeks to get it done.

Love my Edge. All the best of luck with yours. Keep us posted on what you do with it.

post-32911-0-78043600-1435280047_thumb.jpg

post-32911-0-02952700-1435280090_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum. My Tuxedo Black Edge is a 2013 SE. Plasti-dipped the bottom grill bar Black, installed a read bumper protector, running boards, and window vents. There is lots of good info here on this forum. I go through every new post everyday. No all realitive to my particular application, but interesting to know. So again Welcome and enjoy.

Burke

Thanks all. I removed the front license frame last night. What a pain! They used metal rivets. I had to dremel the heads off. 20% tint is scheduled for Tuesday. Ordered the xB bumper protector today, and put an offer on a cargo mat (ebay). I installed my Passport mount today, and still need to hardwire it (somewhere). I had a nice system in my car, so the audio definitely will need help soon in the Edge.

• Like 1