Just replaced cooling fan assembly, now fans won't shut off

bplemmons

I had what appeared to be a bad fan module, so I replaced it and now the new one stays on, even hours after the car has been shut off, running the battery down.

I took it to the mechanic and they said it was a faulyty module on the new assembly (TYC brand)

I was thinking the module is getting a signal from the vehicle to come on and stay on.

Before I box it up and send it back, Does anyone have any advice to verify it really is the module and not some other condition telling the fan module to stay on?

Thanks!

Bill Plemmons

I think I found a problem,

I see that the connector plug for the TYC module isn't keyed like the ford one and it is off 180 deg., cauising me to plug the harness in backwards, I see the small signal wire isn't making contact when it's backwards, I take it that is what turns it on and off. (I have to twist the plug around to lign it up)

Funny thing is it works when it is hooked up wrong (but stays on) and doesnt when it is...( turned ac on and let the engine warn up)

I would think that if hooking it up wrong, it would kill the module, and not work at all....

I have a new fan on the way...

I just confirmed that the fans are blowing out, not pulling in as I have read they should.

I have read reviews on amazon about this same problem....

Be careful if you are using this brand, it has caused me a lot of agravation and added expense... :(

I guess the new module is bad now, as it dosn't work when hooked up correctly....

I can but you have to force the factory plug side to twist for it to fit.

The TYC has a short pigtail that goes into the module and that side is backwards. If I pull it out of the shoud and flip around it will fit but It looks like the module is fried now.

I ordered a dorman to replace it, It doesnt have the pigtail. it looks just like fords...

I've been working on this Job for a week now!

• 3 months later...