Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer (salesperson) called late this afternoon to say that my Sport had just arrived.

400A (because some technology is useless, I know when I am beside a snow bank or tall grass)

Black, 21" black wheels, Nav & pano roof (dealer request for future resale value traded for two years free maintenance) , cold pkg, drivers pkg,

7 weeks 1 day from order, .......but it of course had to come all the way across Canada from that foreign country (Ontario). ;)

Thank you, i get vehicle not found, so i tried one from dealer inventory and got a window sticker, time to call the sales people.

Did you find anything ? I am also waiting on my order. Scheduled to be built next week but no window sticker yet.

Nothing yet. I sent a Facebook message to Ford Service, got a fast reply, my Edge Sport is still in order processing and to check back with them next week. Almost ready to cancel my order and have the dealer check area inventory that match or very close to my requirements.

Thats sad. maybe they used the wrong order priority on your order.

Like akriby suggested, try to use the ford website http://www.inventory.ford.com/to locate a matching vehicle yourself.

Sometime the dealer themselves dont know what vehicles are about to arrive in their stock.

That website lets you search only a 100 mile radius. So repeat your search by entering zipcodes 200 miles from yours to cast a wider net.

Ford should really change the system to allow searching the whole state in one go. Also the site doesnt let you set filters on package types 301A, 302A etc.

Sorry, I was thinking about the Lincoln MKX dealer inventory that shows 301A Reserve, etc. but I just realized that the packages map to the Models (Select, Reserve, etc.) and that wouldn't be the case on the Edge.

You can get a good idea from the MSRP though - starting at the higher or lower end of the pricing for that particular model. I remember having to do that while looking for F150s last year.

I have been following the forum for a few months as I prepped to order my 2016 Edge, and now I am also playing the waiting game. I ordered a 2016 Titanium EcoBoost, 301A in Too Good To Be Blue. Every time I reached out to Ford Service, I keep getting the "Your Edge is in the order processing stage, no build date yet, please check back next week..." Granted, I only ordered in the first week of May, but I am getting antsy. As such, I have a friend with friends at Ford, and was told a bit more information that may be affecting other orders as well. They are expecting a 10 to 12 week run time, since there is a possible delay on Titanium and Sync orders, meaning they didnt plan on so many Titanium or Sync ordered vehicles. Supposedly the plant is running double shifts to address the back order.

Not what I wanted to hear, since I already sold my previous vehicle - but luckilly we have a spare.

Sorry, I was thinking about the Lincoln MKX dealer inventory that shows 301A Reserve, etc. but I just realized that the packages map to the Models (Select, Reserve, etc.) and that wouldn't be the case on the Edge.

You can get a good idea from the MSRP though - starting at the higher or lower end of the pricing for that particular model. I remember having to do that while looking for F150s last year.

Yeah I used the price technique too. Its not perfect but I am happy that Ford atleast has a inventory search tool. I was trying to find similar tool on Honda's site to help a friend but no such thing there.

I have been following the forum for a few months as I prepped to order my 2016 Edge, and now I am also playing the waiting game. I ordered a 2016 Titanium EcoBoost, 301A in Too Good To Be Blue. Every time I reached out to Ford Service, I keep getting the "Your Edge is in the order processing stage, no build date yet, please check back next week..." Granted, I only ordered in the first week of May, but I am getting antsy. As such, I have a friend with friends at Ford, and was told a bit more information that may be affecting other orders as well. They are expecting a 10 to 12 week run time, since there is a possible delay on Titanium and Sync orders, meaning they didnt plan on so many Titanium or Sync ordered vehicles. Supposedly the plant is running double shifts to address the back order.

Not what I wanted to hear, since I already sold my previous vehicle - but luckilly we have a spare.

I share that feeling. I hope Ford takes note that dealer lots dont have the cars people want to buy. I know its the dealers fault who order cars with the poorest tech package (301A) and spend the money instead on crap like bigger wheels, cold weather package(even in California), tow package etc. Plus all the colors worth looking at are extra cost.

Even if it is dealers fault, I am sure Ford looses the bigger dollar. They need to do better data mining on what people configure on their sites via the "build and price" tool. And that data needs to be thrust down the dealers throat till they get it.

I recently bought a 2016 Edge with the 302A package, drivers package and the cold climate package in Too Good To Be True Blue. It was exactly what I was looking for and it was at a dealer 36 miles away. There was no issue with my dealer doing a trade....they were happy to do it. I told the dealer no 20" wheels or towing package.

Edited by Hermans