2015 FORD EDGE SPORT FINALLY BEING BUILT

baseball

Hello everyone - I finally got confirmation that my 2015 Sport is being built - 10/17 with an estimated delivery of 11/24/15. I put the order in on 5/26/15 and have waited patiently. The hold up was the driver's assistance package. What I ordered is Sport / AWD / WHITE/ 401A package / Panoramic Vista Roof / 21 inch rims - coming out of a 2012 Acura TL lease and wanted a cross over with an aggressive engine. The only thing I wish it had was Sync 3, but don't want to wait any longer - anyone else in the same situation?

I had to turn in my 2012 TL so I cannot wait for the "16's. Plus the way they kept pushing back my build, I did not want to wait until February or March to receive it. I was told the first shipment with the 51D package was shipped in early October, but from this forum, I have not seen anyone actually have the drivers assistance package. Just hope my dealership is being truthful about my delivery date - it has been a frustrating process - one that I thought about moving on but cannot find a replacement with that 2.7 engine

• Like 1

baseball....Congratulations on the new Edge.......I put my 2015 EDGE sport up head to head with a TL sh awd and light to light (aprox two blocks) we were equal(dead even)....the guy driving the TL gave me smile and thumbs up....guess he was nicely surprised by the performance of the Edge sport.

I think you will be the first on this forum with the 51D package.

Edited by cds71

Thanks - I liked my TL but this sport edge seems to have everything I wanted - practical when I want it to be and fun and sporty when I am on the open road. I really wanted that adapted cruise control - I hate when I am on the highway and have to keep adjusting it manually when the traffic slows so I was willing to wait. The first rumor was the package would be available on 9/7 so with ordering it back in May, I thought I would have received the car no later than mid to late October - but it keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully 11/24 delivery holds. I actually debated on waiting for a 2016 with the Sync 3, but I don't think anyone will get one before February or March and with having to turn back in the TL at the end of September, I just cant wait that long. Just hope they continue to support My Ford Touch in the future.

If I knew a date that I could get delivery of a 2016 I may of waited - but with the delays this year, I just don't trust getting a 2016 in January. It just my guess that a fully loaded 2016 won't be available until the end of February or March or even later. I have no facts to back that up, just a hunch. The thing I am most worried about in not waiting for Sync 3 - I just hope there is continued support / updates for the my ford touch but I don't have enough knowledge on what Ford's plan are for this system

Yes I am I have a hole 48 mile on it and loving it.

Awesome.....I love my Edge sport..... LOL or at least I love my wife's edge sport....glad to hear that you have an edge with the 51d.....now I have a question...did the 51d include the power tilt steering wheel with heat?

Yes it does have power tilt and tele steering and heated steering wheel. And the tilt works with the dr mem function when easy exit is on

Thanks for the info....there was a debate here on the forums last spring about the Heated Steering being included in the 51d package. ...

Guess that answered that question......thanks again. ...

Congrats on your new egde!

Got a call from the dealership yesterday - build date start date of 10/17 confirmed - they told me 11/24 at the latest for delivery to me, maybe earlier - I have my fingers crossed - I will post pics when I finally take delivery - question - how long does it take Ford to build an edge at the factory?