Unique Coatings now Stocking HID Kits!

Hey guys, as you know i'm rapidly expanding my product line to items outside the tail light realm. In an act of pure dumb luck, i was able to get together with an OEM replacement manufacturer of HID lighting kits.

I offer kits for all makes and models, including sport bikes.

As mentioned above, i carry all bulb styles, including: H1, H3, H4, H7, H8, H9, H11, H13, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, D2R, and D2S

These kits are single stage HID bulbs, with the exception of the H4, H13, 9004, and 9007 kits, which are dual element, meaning they have an HID light on low beam, with a halogen high beam bulb.

The kits i sell utilize next-generation digital ballasts technology. Kits are plug and play and COMPLETELY WATERPROOF!!! That's right, doesn't matter if your car doubles as a submarine, they are guaranteed to work. In fact, they are guaranteed for LIFE - EVEN THE BULBS! They are plug and play and thanks to the new digital ballasts, you will not have issues with "headlight out lights", flickering (as you have with some other kits), or the fear that something 10 years down the road might go wrong, because they are covered for life! Kits operate at 35W.

I want to reiterate that these kits are completely plug and play, no wire splicing, no grounding, just unplug and remove your original light bulb, and plug in the new HID pigtail and light bulb. The ballasts install easily and can mount virtually anywhere due to their waterproof construction.

The kits are available in:

*3K (Yellow)

*4500K (White)

*6K (Arctic White)

*8K (White with a slight bluish tinge)

*10K (deep blue)

*12K (violet blue)

*30K (ultraviolet)

All kits are DOT approved EXCEPT the 30K, so other than the 30,000 kit, there will be no issues with whether they are DOT approved or not.

Here's the best part - I am doing an introductory price this month for my new product line kickoff.

Pricing for any kit, regardless of bulb style or color will be 275 plus shipping. Ohio residents pay 7% sales tax.

Offer will expire March 1st. After that pricing will range from 300 to 330, depending on bulb style (car make).

Here is an example of the 6k kit, and i appologize, this is the only picture of any of my kits i sell:

G356KHID.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys/gals.

As a promotion - i will offer of of these sets up for sale to the first member who purchases a set from me regardless of bulb style and color, for 200 (206 paypal) shipped.

I'm taking a loss on them at this price, but want to get someone a set out there who will be able to give a review on them.

If interested, let me know. That is a steal, considering the quality of this set, and the lifetime warranty.

okay... I am just going to ask as I am curious, I bet others want to know and it will get asked eventually :)

So, what is the difference between your $200-300 kit and say a $70-100 kit from say eBay or VVME (both mentioned elsewhere). You really mention waterproofness, but given what these are for and where they go, I would be hard pressed to think another kit is less waterproof given any maker knows there is a good chance these would get wet so cover their asses in that aspect. You also mention a "guaranteed for LIFE" - that might be a difference between other brands, but I am not sure. Quality & price are talked about in the other HID install thread, what are your thoughts relative to your product?

okay... I am just going to ask as I am curious, I bet others want to know and it will get asked eventually :)

So, what is the difference between your $200-300 kit and say a $70-100 kit from say eBay or VVME (both mentioned elsewhere). You really mention waterproofness, but given what these are for and where they go, I would be hard pressed to think another kit is less waterproof given any maker knows there is a good chance these would get wet so cover their asses in that aspect. You also mention a "guaranteed for LIFE" - that might be a difference between other brands, but I am not sure. Quality & price are talked about in the other HID install thread, what are your thoughts relative to your product?

There are quite a few differences between what i carry, vs. a 70-100 dollar kit from ebay. I'll try to list a few reasons:

1) Complete plug and play. Unplug your old bulbs and remove the old bulb. Install the HID kit just by installing the HID bulb into the housing and plugging back in. No splicing, grounding or cutting wires

2) Ballast is a next generation digital ballast. This allows for cooler operating temperature, with no voltage variations, flickering, or Headlight out lights on the dash.

3) Waterproof design. Not all ballasts or bulbs are waterproof (they are water resistant), you can mount these bulbs and ballasts underwater and operate them like normal (convenient if your car is actually a submarine).

4) The waterproof design allows you to mount the ballasts in areas where water infiltration (such as the front of the radiator core support, or anywhere else water may get sprayed at from car wash, traffic, or rain) would not allow you to mount other kits.

5) Lifetime guarantee. Ballasts and bulbs are covered 100% for life. The only thing the warranty does not cover is accidental damage as a result of dropping during install, etc.

6) Kit operates at 35W, some other kits operate at higher wattage, and are harmful to your wiring.

Overall, this kit is a steal at 275. The retail price is 350, but during this month through March 1st, i will sell at 275. The best part is the frist person to purchase a set gets them at 200 dollars (206 with paypal), this is well below my cost, but i would like to get them recognition within the Edge community, so i'm willing to take a loss.

thanks for the detailed response. much appreciated.

This HID is an option I am personally toying with as I have started to order accessories for my soon to arrive Edge. At $70 or so I was looking at (quote I got from VVME: also 35w, also straight 100% plug-n-play, 14 month warranty is not nearly as good as yours and not sure on comparable ballast technology nor on waterproofness vs resistant I must admit) I felt like 'no harm no foul Lex... if they are lame, oh well'. But at a much higher price point, I need to think on it more. I was about to pull the trigger on the ones I mentioned.. but you have given me pause to rethink.

Lex - i can tell you, i would not put trust in a 70 dollar ebay kit for a 30,000 dollar vehicle. Let's face it, if they are selling them for 70, that probably means there is only 25 dollars in actual parts cost. I would not trust anything electrical at 25 dollars when you're dealing with ballasts, etc. I dont think you'd have nearly the reliability or safety you would with that type of kit.

I would also be very weary of only a 14 month warranty, and watter "resistant" ballasts.

Let me know if you have questions.

What would be the easiest and safest way to place an order with you?

that would definately be paypal at the moment. my credit card portal is not setup, and money orders can be cashed by anyone, as i'm sure you know.

if you want the first edge kit, it would be priced at 206 through paypal.

PM me if you want to place an order.

The manufacturer is the same who produces kits for Lexus and Infiniti. However, they are being sold under the "Oracle" name. They will be available on my website (which is currently in design).

I was going to wait until the site was up to release the kits, but there was such a demand for them from other sites i sponsor, that i figured i'd let them out early.

the warranty will go through me, but parts will be shipped to you either from me or the manufacturer, whichever has them available at the time.

Hope that answers your questions. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Edited by cbrenn71

The manufacturer is the same who produces kits for Lexus and Infiniti. However, they are being sold under the "Oracle" name. They will be available on my website (which is currently in design).

I was going to wait until the site was up to release the kits, but there was such a demand for them from other sites i sponsor, that i figured i'd let them out early.

the warranty will go through me, but parts will be shipped to you either from me or the manufacturer, whichever has them available at the time.

OK I'm in PM me with the info I'll need.

I won't be able to do a write up on them for a while since the weather sucks around here, I'll be waiting for a 60+ day to do the work.

Guess this means I better hurry up and order the rest of my LED's also.

Edited by jpeckinp

i'll get you pics of bulbs and ballasts either tonight or tommorow. The kit comes with all necessary relays, fuses, etc.

I am anxious to see pics of what each of the colors/lights look like. Also, is this a simple install? You mention plug and play, but then I see balasts, relays, fuses, etc. ...all of which I don't understand. :doh:

I am anxious to see pics of what each of the colors/lights look like. Also, is this a simple install? You mention plug and play, but then I see balasts, relays, fuses, etc. ...all of which I don't understand. :doh:

The install is extremely easy. All you need to do is remove the old headlight bulb, connect 2 spade connectors into the original plug, and then install the headlight bulb (HID) into the housing. Next, all you do is plug in the ballast, and find a place to mount them. The ballasts are required with any HID kit.

The relay wiring kit is included, along with the neccessary fuses, etc, already installed. The relay kit is not needed for most vehicles, but is included just in case your vehicle does not supply the required voltage for the ballasts. If you do need the relay kit, it is about a 5 minute install for that piece of wiring.

I'd love to have you become a believer in how great this system is. Let me know if i can be of any help.

Chad

Well i'm very frustrated with my McCullogh kit and would be willing to give yours a shot. From someone who has tried 2 brands of kits now with no luck, i'd be more than happy to be your ginea pig and test out your system in the Edge. Let me know if you think you could set me up with a great deal on this kit, and then i will take pics of the entire install and document how well it went and how the final product looks. Just an idea if you are interested ;) I'm sure with my experience and proof, you could sell alot of kits. I think Edge owners are hesitant right now as there are so many people out there like me who have had any luck with these supposedly "plug n play" kits. I know I am just about to give up.

I don't want to sound confrontational, but I always hear claims like this ("same as Lexus and Infiniti"), then I find that they're made in China, aren't anything like the claims, or are actually worth about $10.

Also, I want to make it very clear that the Edge uses solid-state devices to drive the factory low-beams. I'm not as concerned with claims about your ballast's reliability as I am with your ballast's ability to operate without harming my Edge's driver circuits. The Edge's low-beams outputs are PWM 12V, which means PULSED, even on full (non-DRL) brightness. Damage to the low-beam drivers means that the entire Smart Junction Box would have to be replaced.

If your claims are true, here's what I'd like to see, especially at this price point:

1) All electrical specifications, such as inrush current, operating current, and any inductive specifications. Just because something is labelled as "digital," it does not necessarily mean that it's still not an inductive rather than a resistive load to the low-beam drive circuits.

2) Detailed pictures of the lamps and ballasts. I want to see bar codes, all lettering and markings, and anything else that will allow me to research these things for myself rather than taking claims as facts.

3) Your position on damage to driver circuits, if caused by your ballasts.

I went through claims like these with several vendors of blue-coated (non-HID) H11 bulbs three years ago when I was looking for SilverStar-type bulbs (since Sylvania still strangely refuses to manufacture H11 SilverStars). Several "Made In Japan" brands turned out to be absolute junk, and they were actually made in China or Korea.

So I'd like some factual information, if possible. I'm sorry if I sound cynical, but for every decent vendor, there are 100 sleezy ones selling low-quality junk. Thanks.

Edited by jpark

I don't want to sound confrontational, but I always hear claims like this ("same as Lexus and Infiniti"), then I find that they're made in China, aren't anything like the claims, or are actually worth about $10.

Also, I want to make it very clear that the Edge uses solid-state devices to drive the factory low-beams. I'm not as concerned with claims about your ballast's reliability as I am with your ballast's ability to operate without harming my Edge's driver circuits. The Edge's low-beams outputs are PWM 12V, which means PULSED, even on full (non-DRL) brightness. Damage to the low-beam drivers means that the entire Smart Junction Box would have to be replaced.

If your claims are true, here's what I'd like to see, especially at this price point:

1) All electrical specifications, such as inrush current, operating current, and any inductive specifications. Just because something is labelled as "digital," it does not necessarily mean that it's still not an inductive rather than a resistive load to the low-beam drive circuits.

2) Detailed pictures of the lamps and ballasts. I want to see bar codes, all lettering and markings, and anything else that will allow me to research these things for myself rather than taking claims as facts.

3) Your position on damage to driver circuits, if caused by your ballasts.

I went through claims like these with several vendors of blue-coated (non-HID) H11 bulbs three years ago when I was looking for SilverStar-type bulbs (since Sylvania still strangely refuses to manufacture H11 SilverStars). Several "Made In Japan" brands turned out to be absolute junk, and they were actually made in China or Korea.

So I'd like some factual information, if possible. I'm sorry if I sound cynical, but for every decent vendor, there are 100 sleezy ones selling low-quality junk. Thanks.

Wow. ummm.......thanks?

I will try and get you that information from the manufacturer on monday.

Thanks.

I hope you can see that simply plugging something into my car is more than a little risky when the part that controls your product costs over $800 to replace if it's damaged.

When someone makes a claim that the parts are the same as those used by Lexus or Infiniti, they should be able to back up that claim, and they should know what they're selling.

Edited by jpark

Jpark - haven't forgotten about you, i contacted the manufacturer today, and they said that they would be getting info over to me, but the person who handles the technical side, was not available at the time of the call. If i dont hear anything back today, i'll get back in touch with them tommorow.

Chad

Well, having almost given up on HIDs for the Edge, i've decided to give Chad's kit one last try. No luck with a cheap VVME kit or a more expensive McCullogh kit so as soon as i get Chad's kit, i'll post the results. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed as this is the last shot i'm taking at HIDs.

Well, having almost given up on HIDs for the Edge, i've decided to give Chad's kit one last try. No luck with a cheap VVME kit or a more expensive McCullogh kit so as soon as i get Chad's kit, i'll post the results. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed as this is the last shot i'm taking at HIDs.

Yes, please give us some feedback.