Edge loss of power / stalling

edgetb

I have a 2015 Edge SEL 3.5L engine with almost 5k miles. We have now experienced the dreaded stall. It only occurs after stopping or at low speeds such as when making a turn.

Dropped it off today at our dealership, with which we have much good experience over several years. Service manager said they have been advised by Ford to do a PCM flash. He was hesitant to guarantee that the PCM flash would completely resolve this issue.

For anyone else experiencing this issue, how has your dealer repaired it? Did the problem occur again after it was "fixed" by the dealer?

UPDATE (Nov 15): Received my Edge back after a week. We had a few other warranty issues to be addressed while they were flashing the PCM. There are changes we have noticed since the PCM flash.

• No stalls--after one week
  • Engine no longer "stumbles" when accelerating from a stop or when accelerating sharply at higher speeds
  • Acceleration at all speeds is smoother and more responsive
  • What we thought might be a transmission issue was in fact the "stumbling" mentioned above. Transmission is butter smooth at all shifts
  • Gas mileage has dropped about 1mpg on our regular mixed city/highway driving
  • This one is odd: We had not liked the brakes as they were SUPER sensitive. They are much improved after picking it up from the dealership. I forgot to mention this issue when I left it at the dealership, so I do not know if the PCM flash improved them or if the dealership noticed it when test driving and adjusted them. Either way, we are very pleased with them now

Overall, I am pleased with the work done by the dealer and am optimistic the PCM flash has resolved our stalling/loss of power issues.

Edited by edgetb