changed the tires and wheels, asking for opinions

mueineddin

hi, i had an incident a few weeks ago left me with 2 bent rims on my 2014 edge sport trim , so i changed all 4 wheels with 18 inches rims and tires.

the rims are: 18x8 5-100/114.30 45

the tires 235/65 r18

i just want to know if i put the right sizes and it wont harm my car ,

also if any one is interested i have the previous 22 inch factory rim and tires with only 4500 miles on the tires and the rims 2 are bent and 2 are intact , i got the car brand new in july and i had that incident in october ,, i already asked about fixing the bent rims ,, i was told 150 each , you might find cheaper .please let me know,. thank you .

i didn't say i don't like the 22 , i loved them , but after i hit that pothole and i damaged 2 of them , i decided to go with smaller ones ,i was limited with the options because i had to go with what they have in stocks, i just want to know if i have the right size and it wont cause any damage to my car , maybe when its time to change i will go with wider ones, thanks for the reply.

Post some good large close up pics of the damaged ones.

Why don't you try and get them fixed?

Other than looking odd with those skinny 235/18's on SPORT, your not going to do any harm to the car

i didn't say i don't like the 22 , i loved them , but after i hit that pothole and i damaged 2 of them , i decided to go with smaller ones ,i was limited with the options because i had to go with what they have in stocks, i just want to know if i have the right size and it wont cause any damage to my car , maybe when its time to change i will go with wider ones, thanks for the reply.

Whenever you want to look up the OEM tire sizes, just go to TireRack.com and look it up. For example, for your 2014:

Having more sidewall is important, but so is sidewall strength. So don't go with an overly compliant tire, choose a tire with reinforced sidewall. They don't need to be as stiff as Michelin Pilot Super Sport or Continental ExtremeContact DWS, but should be fairly stiff. Read the reviews for corroboration.

HTH.

Of course handling will be worse, even without anything else being damaged. Going from 40 series wide tires to 65-series tires will make feel like the car is a bit sloppy with slower wheel reaction in turns. Don't forget also that you selected size is both narrower & higher than stock 18" tires (245/60/18 stock vs. 235/65/18).

Those wheels are an easy fix! Not like they curbed, and ripped open. I don't get whey you didn't go that route.

The 18's might be a bit lighter , not if they're from China cheapies. Don't like all black wheels.

Regardless the ugly looking (which is I agree ) is there any advanteges for the new size I've installed.
Thank you all for your inputs.