Backing up, very noisy

Sergepaul

Welcome Sergepaul! Do you mean the Titanium? AWD or FWD? Sounds very much like a transmission (clutch) or PTU problem. I would have said possibly brakes if the symptoms appeared even in Drive mode. When you put it in reverse, are you on flat ground, or on a slope (uphill/downhill)? Does this happen even after the car has been driven for a while or only right after when you first start it up for the day?

EDIT: If it's trans related, could be as simple as a shift linkage adjustment. Any difference if switching from Neutral to Reverse versus Park to Reverse (all while the Edge is motionless of course) then moving?

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes it's the Titanium AWD. I am on flat ground when in reverse and the noise is there even after I have driven it for awhile. Hopefully, it will be a small ajustement in the shift linkage. No difference in the noise from drive to reverse or park to reverse. I will be getting it checked at the beginning of next week.

Thank you for your comments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2015 at 12:18 PM, Sergepaul said:

Yes it's the Titanium AWD. I am on flat ground when in reverse and the noise is there even after I have driven it for awhile. Hopefully, it will be a small ajustement in the shift linkage. No difference in the noise from drive to reverse or park to reverse. I will be getting it checked at the beginning of next week.

Thank you for your comments.

Did you figure out the problem?

• 2 weeks later...