2016 order date?

blockisle9

My 2013 Escape Titanium just turned 3 years old and now I am ready for another Edge (had a 2008 prior to the Escape) I've been checking the build my Edge on the Ford Web Site, but the 2015 model year is the only option. Any idea when I can order a 2016? I like the 2015, but really want the sync 3 and front camera. I like my gadgets.....

Thank you

Lenny

You can also get an idea of pricing from Nadaguides.com or Edmunds.com both have updated pricing for 2016 models. I was actually able to order mine for a couple hundred bucks cheaper than the 2015 because they took out the heated steering wheel from the 301A package. I am not sure why they decided to bundle the heated steering wheel with all weather floor mats, but I don't think it's going to be a very popular option and it's sure to lower the average transaction price of the Edge for 2016.

Ā 

I mean a heated steering wheel is nice and all, but it's definitely a luxury that I don't think many people are going to clamor over and if it's only bundled with floor mats, there's not much reason to get that cold weather package. If they bundled with with something like heated washer fluid nozzles or remote start, I could see more people buying it because almost everybody that lives in cold climates hates having clogged washer fluid nozzles and getting into a frigid car in the morning.

Ā 

I was willing to pay the extra $$ when it was bundled with the panoramic roof and ventilated front seats, but as a stand alone option, it's just not appealing enough.