iPhone 6S messaging with sync

I had a LG G2 phone and had no problem with the Sync text messaging feature. I just switched to an iPhone 6S. The iphone syncs without a problem. However, it says it is not compatible with the messaging feature?

Has anyone got the text feature to work with the iphone 6??

Thanks

I had a LG G2 phone and had no problem with the Sync text messaging feature. I just switched to an iPhone 6S. The iphone syncs without a problem. However, it says it is not compatible with the messaging feature?

Has anyone got the text feature to work with the iphone 6??

Thanks

Which text feature specifically? It will read incoming texts with no problem.

You can get the car to read incoming messages to you. Go to your iPhone Bluetooth settings and next to SYNC, select the "i". Then toggle on the "Show Notifications" option.

If you do this when you are sitting in the car already paired, you will need to unpair and re-pair. Incoming messages will alert you with a tone that you can change or turn off in the SYNC Phone Notifications settings. Upon receiving the notification, you have about 5 seconds to press the "listen" button on the screen. You cannot use SYNC to reply. Siri manages that quite well however.

• Like 1

If what was suggested doesn't work, I had the same issue and the show notifications was already in. I tried everything and the fix ended up being... I had to restore my I phone. It was a Bluetooth issue, not a sync issue. Sync would give me the option of texting but it just never worked.