Conquest Bonus Customer Cash

AlBeThere

Hello All,

This looks like a great forum! I'm getting ready in the next few days to purchase a new crossover type vehicle. A 2007 Edge SEL Plus will probably be the choice based on price, features and quality. Ford is currently offering a $2000 cash rebate. I also found, on the Forddirect.com website, an additional $1000 Conquest bonus customer cash offer. Based on the fine print, I can combine this offer with the cash rebate. I mentioned this to the Internet Sales Manager at my local dealership and he politely informed me that the conquest cash was made available via a coupon mailing and without the coupon, I'm out of luck.

Does anybody have or know where I can get a Ford Conquest $1000 coupon. It appears it is being offered in the Northern California area.

The offer I have is Invoice - $2000 rebate - $1000 Conquest Cash - $963 discount on the navigation option + Tax, License, Title and Fees (can't wait to see what they try to sneak in here)

Any help would greatly appreciated

Mike

I mentioned this to the Internet Sales Manager at my local dealership and he politely informed me that the conquest cash was made available via a coupon mailing and without the coupon, I'm out of luck.

Does anybody have or know where I can get a Ford Conquest $1000 coupon. It appears it is being offered in the Northern California area.

The offer I have is Invoice - $2000 rebate - $1000 Conquest Cash - $963 discount on the navigation option + Tax, License, Title and Fees (can't wait to see what they try to sneak in here)

Mike

Hey Mike,

No need for a coupon, just proof that you have a non-Ford vehicle according to the dealer I'm working with. Rebate here in the Northeast is only $1,500 though. Maybe a trip to sunny CA and a drive home is in order. ha!

but what qualifies as a 'non-Ford vehicle' that would qualify? for example, anything? or just similar cross-overs like Mazda or Murano or Tribeca?

and, where - what Ford website/link - do you find out about this actual incentives AND in what regions they apply?

Here is the quote from the Ford website. "Program #32584:Offer available to current owners of competitive (non-Ford Motor Company) vehicles with valid proof of ownership. Trade-in not required. Residency restrictions apply. Non-transferable out of household. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 3/31/2008. Residency Restrictions Apply. See dealer for complete details."

Dealer just wanted to know that I had a non-Ford vehicle. Told him I have an '07 Aura and that was good enough for him. This is in NJ so it may be different in your area.

I just put in an Oakland, CA zip and it seems there is $1750 cash back (1250 + 500) and the $1K conquest.

Thank you all for the information!!

I will pass this along to the salesmen at the dealer and see what he says. The nice thing I have going for me is there are a lot of 2007 Edge's left in the SF Bay Area, so if he wants to play games with the need for a coupon to receive the Conquest Bonus Cash then I'll go somewhere else and buy my new vehicle. :yup:

Mike

If you did not receive the coupon directly from Ford, the dealership can't qualify for the discount. It's not their decision to permit the additional $1,000 - don't blame them.

If you did not get the coupon from Ford - then you can't get the additional discount. They know who they sent them to.

My local dealer is sticking by the "must have coupon rule" I'll try a few other dealers to see what they say.

Thanks

Just got back from the Ford dealer in my area and they applied the $1,000 conquest after taking a copy of my non-ford car's registration so no coupon is needed here in the northeast.

My local dealer is sticking by the "must have coupon rule" I'll try a few other dealers to see what they say.

Thanks

Seems too good to be true - I am taking delivery next week and my other car is a Toyota. I would say that qualifies for the "conquest" discount. Any help out there? FB

Here's the information for the conquest cash in Northern California. It varies by location. I confirmed with another dealer today that no coupon is needed. They just need a copy of your non-Ford registration...Link

Seems too good to be true - I am taking delivery next week and my other car is a Toyota. I would say that qualifies for the "conquest" discount. Any help out there? FB

Hello All,

This looks like a great forum! I'm getting ready in the next few days to purchase a new crossover type vehicle. A 2007 Edge SEL Plus will probably be the choice based on price, features and quality. Ford is currently offering a $2000 cash rebate. I also found, on the Forddirect.com website, an additional $1000 Conquest bonus customer cash offer. Based on the fine print, I can combine this offer with the cash rebate. I mentioned this to the Internet Sales Manager at my local dealership and he politely informed me that the conquest cash was made available via a coupon mailing and without the coupon, I'm out of luck.

Mike

Let me tell you. I have been looking at the Edge for a while now. I found a dealership that had exactly what I wanted (an hour away). In talking numbers over the phone before we made the trek up there, he mentioned this incentive (Conquest) I believe to move closer to make the sale, since if they werent going to meet my budgeted monthly payment, we were going to wait a few more months to save more for a down payment. a few days before that we were at another dealership and they didnt mention anything about it. My husband just brought his registration for his dodge and we got $ 2,500 in rebates off the bat (1,000 conquest, and the $1,500). No coupon needed. Im telling you the dealerships are hurting right now and they will offer what they can to close the deal. I got a great price on my edge! It took a lot of talking and alot of "maybe we need to wait a few more months to save more for a down payment" to get our payment down. let me tell you shop around they need your business and most, not all will work with you 100%..

Let me tell you. I have been looking at the Edge for a while now. I found a dealership that had exactly what I wanted (an hour away). In talking numbers over the phone before we made the trek up there, he mentioned this incentive (Conquest) I believe to move closer to make the sale, since if they werent going to meet my budgeted monthly payment, we were going to wait a few more months to save more for a down payment. a few days before that we were at another dealership and they didnt mention anything about it. My husband just brought his registration for his dodge and we got $ 2,500 in rebates off the bat (1,000 conquest, and the $1,500). No coupon needed. Im telling you the dealerships are hurting right now and they will offer what they can to close the deal. I got a great price on my edge! It took a lot of talking and alot of "maybe we need to wait a few more months to save more for a down payment" to get our payment down. let me tell you shop around they need your business and most, not all will work with you 100%..

Elmwood - what part of the country are you in? I havent heart anything about this in NE Ohio. May be specific to your region of the country.

The conquest cash made the deal for me. I drove home our new 2007 Edge SEL Plus last night. Now I'm waiting for the dealer who refused to honor the conquest rebate to call me to see if I'm ready to buy yet.

Potential buyers of the remaining 2007 models should be aware that there are a lot of incentives right now to the dealer to move these cars. If you're paying the invoice price minus the customer rebates (2000 + 1000 in my situation), you're paying to much. I have very good knowledge that there is at least another $1040 in dealer incentives in the form of spifs that we're not suppose to know about. Something to think about when you're negotiating.

Good Luck!

The conquest cash made the deal for me. I drove home our new 2007 Edge SEL Plus last night. Now I'm waiting for the dealer who refused to honor the conquest rebate to call me to see if I'm ready to buy yet.

Potential buyers of the remaining 2007 models should be aware that there are a lot of incentives right now to the dealer to move these cars. If you're paying the invoice price minus the customer rebates (2000 + 1000 in my situation), you're paying to much. I have very good knowledge that there is at least another $1040 in dealer incentives in the form of spifs that we're not suppose to know about. Something to think about when you're negotiating.

Good Luck!

Hi AlBeThere. :D I am just curious. When you refer to the "the invoice price", are you referring to the price on the "Window Sticker" of the car?

While the question may seem silly to some, we have seen people in the past refer to the "Window Sticker" (MSRP), as the "Invoice Price". Could you tell me where you are getting the "Invoice Price" you are referring to?

Again, I am just wondering.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Good Luck!

I agree, we werent planning on buying this weekend either. I live in NJ. one dealer never offered the conquest (i didnt even know about it!) the one that won our business did offer it which fell right into my budget! every little thing helps. Let me tell you my car was $30,455. The dealer gave me an e price of $28,889 and i have to look at my paperwork but i believe he took it down to $28,000 before the $2,500 in incentatives. gave me more then i thought on my trade so it all worked out. I cant wait till the first dealer or 2 i went to call me back as well! they fought me hard on how they cant bring my cost down anymore and how i was getting such a great deal. Since i went for the white sand it was even $500.00 more then when i spoke to the 1st 2 dealers, at that point i wanted a no charge color. they wouldnt budge the $30.00 a month extra i didnt want on my car payment. Go to a few dealers im telling you. I found a dealer an hour away, but boy it was worth it...stinks i wont be able to take advantage of my 5 free oil changes and service since its too far away. but i got exactly what i wanted way cheaper then everyone else and they were so nice and didnt pressure me at all! shop around and dont let them bully you!

Hello,

No the invoice price I'm referring to is the price that the dealer reportedly pays for the vehicle. the invoice price can be found at edmunds.com or KBB.com. The one thing I learned was that the invoice price on thes websites dont reflect an additional advertising cost which in my case, Northern California Ford daelers, is $450. It varies by region. The Ford dealers may actual pay this invoice price for the vehicles but with all the incentives available to them (almost as much as available to customers) they can sell the vehicle below this price and still make money.

Hope this helps.

Hi AlBeThere. :D I am just curious. When you refer to the "the invoice price", are you referring to the price on the "Window Sticker" of the car?

While the question may seem silly to some, we have seen people in the past refer to the "Window Sticker" (MSRP), as the "Invoice Price". Could you tell me where you are getting the "Invoice Price" you are referring to?

Again, I am just wondering.

Hello,

No the invoice price I'm referring to is the price that the dealer reportedly pays for the vehicle. the invoice price can be found at edmunds.com or KBB.com. The one thing I learned was that the invoice price on thes websites dont reflect an additional advertising cost which in my case, Northern California Ford daelers, is $450. It varies by region. The Ford dealers may actual pay this invoice price for the vehicles but with all the incentives available to them (almost as much as available to customers) they can sell the vehicle below this price and still make money.

Hope this helps.

Hi AlBeThere. :D Thanks for answering my question.

Yes, I knew that information, just wanted to be sure what pricing information you were basing your thoughts on. I guess essentially I just wanted to be sure you knew that information. :stats:

It is not completely uncommon for some novice car buyers to believe that the price on the "MSRP Window Sticker" is the "Invoice Price", making them excellent candidates to be taken advantage of by Salesmen. Just wanted to be sure you were not negotiating under that belief. Glad to hear that was not the case.

As an FYI, and as you already mentioned, a Dealer does not pay the "Invoice price" that the average customer has access to through sites like Edmunds.com, KBB.com, etc. Even taking the FDAF and Fuel fees those sites do not include into account, the actual price a Dealer pays for your average vehicle is well below what many call "Invoice Price".

That difference between the actual Dealer buy price from the Manufacturer, and the "Factory Invoice Price" is commonly called "holdback" (you called it "spifs").

Again, thanks for answering. I am glad to hear you were using the proper numbers for your purchase.

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...
On an off chance that the Conquest Bonus was available in S TX (I could not find it online) the dealer we're working with said he had to check to see if our name was on the "list" supplled from Ford & would get back to me.

Any idea what "list" he's referring to?

Thx, PD

There can't be a "list" for conquest customers - how would they know? The dealer is probably talking about the direct mail discounts. Those were directed to individuals.

There can't be a "list" for conquest customers - how would they know? The dealer is probably talking about the direct mail discounts. Those were directed to individuals.

Dealer called, clairified the "list" was for the direct mail discount which we confirmed we're on.

I'm going to take my VW registration with me on Fri & see what happens.

Conquest Cash was no listed available in my region BUT just ask them or tell them you pan to do it... I did... and it worked :)

Lex...where in the country are you? I've had a couple of CA dealers say if I could give them a CA address with documentation I could benefit from the Conquest program. Fortunately I found a car & deal in TX that we're pleased with.

I'm going to take my VW registration with me & hit them up for one more discount.

Later, PD