Edge Sport Privacy Glass

I realize this is a subjective question but is it still necessary to tint the windows if they come from the factory with Privacy Glass. I am asking because I am trying to figure out if I want the rear windows and hatch window tinted prior to picking up my car. My dealer is 150 miles from home so I do not want to travel to pick up the car and than decide I want them done. Of course they are always trying to sell tint. I want them tinted to some level but am hoping the tint from the factory will suffice. There are laws in Arizona about the front windows being to dark. It is hard to know when you look on the dealers lot if the window tint is stock or they had it applied.

All the glass besides the front door glass and windshield are darkly tinted from the factory when equipped with Privacy Glass. I am not sure if all model trims get this glass, as I did not look at the entry trims. It is on my Sport, and it is very dark, just like on my 2008 Edge. I can not imagine it being necessary to tint those any darker.

Thanks again for your response. First was the powered steering wheel. I was hoping that is the way it was with the privacy glass. Now I can save a few bucks on tinting and make sure the dealer does not try to sell me something I don't need.

How's it going with your new ride? Does it seem like the milage might improve?

From the look of it, my rear tint is about 20% from the factory. I tinted the front windows too, but I had to go lighter because of local tint laws. I wish I lived in the south where dark tint was legal in the front! It really makes the car look so much more complete to have tint all the way around.

gallery_31840_667_424687.jpg

• Like 1

From the look of it, my rear tint is about 20% from the factory. I tinted the front windows too, but I had to go lighter because of local tint laws. I wish I lived in the south where dark tint was legal in the front! It really makes the car look so much more complete to have tint all the way around.

gallery_31840_667_424687.jpg

cab--That's a beautiful automobile! And I plan on ordering the same thing in a few weeks..... if I can get my butt off dead center. I plan on ordering the Titanium with a lot of the goodies. A question for you: Are those the stock 19" wheels on your Edge? I think they look good..... but after reading this Forum for awhile, I've discovered that one man's wheels aren't necessarily another man's. Oh, and are you tickled with the color? It is COOL!

cab--That's a beautiful automobile! And I plan on ordering the same thing in a few weeks..... if I can get my butt off dead center. I plan on ordering the Titanium with a lot of the goodies. A question for you: Are those the stock 19" wheels on your Edge? I think they look good..... but after reading this Forum for awhile, I've discovered that one man's wheels aren't necessarily another man's. Oh, and are you tickled with the color? It is COOL!

Thanks! They are the stock wheels. I think the optional 20" wheels look the best, but practicality got the best of me and I opted for the taller sidewalls to keep the ride a bit smoother and limit the curb rash that may happen during daily kid hauling duties.