2015 Edge Sport b-pillar rattle

Hello all. I have a rattle at the top of the drivers side b-pillar. Over very smooth roads its quiet, but most road vibrations cause the noise...just above my ear...so its annoying. Its a 2015 Edge Sport. Any advice how to remove that plastic panel that includes the shoulder harness adjuster? It may be related to the airbag up in that area. I should probably let the dealer fix it, but I have a very busy schedule, and was hoping I could access the area some evening. I also fear the dealer will make it worse, to be honest. The Edge also has the panoramic sun roof, so maybe that's the cause.

ducrider, it's a risk, reward consideration. Take it on yourself, and take the chance of making matters worse, not finding the source, or breaking a clip or something. All has the same result, still got the rattle and the dealer may charge you for the fix. Or.... rolling the dice and assigning the dealer the responsibility. I would choose the latter, if not for any other reason than accountability. Besides, you may luck out and find out that you aren't the first and they know what to do.

There is a bunch of information about this rattle in the "2015+ Edge & MKX Generation II" section under 2015 Edge & MKX. I have had two different rattles repaired on my SEL with Vista Roof, one was the side airbag mounts tapping the roof, and the other was a bad weld on a bracket for the moonroof. At least two other people have had the bad weld diagnosis on theirs too. The info is in the "Headliner Magnet Rattle- Vista Roof" discussion.

Edited by DougS
  • Like 1