2016 Edge Titanium with 302A package Lease

tpm419419

What's the MSRP of that vehicle? There's aren't any incentives on the 16s at the moment, just so you're aware. But I'm guessing you'd be able to do $420 or less easily if you did $4k down and the vehicle isn't too much more than $40k.

Edited by cjh

• 2 weeks later...

dumb question, but if leasing, why would you put any money down (trade-in/etc)? Other than what you have to (tax/title/etc)?

Only asking as I was under the impression if you were leasing (vs. lease to own or purchasing), since you have to turn the car in at the end of 3 years (or whatever your lease is), you've "lost" whatever you paid down on it (it's not like you own it or anything).

Kinda like putting a down payment on an apartment to rent it or something?

Really? In NY they don't have any incentives yet. Maybe 500.00. That would be great however. Also no one seems to have that setup without the optional V6 and optional wheels.

I spec'd a Sport with the 401a package I believe and pricing on the Ford website is about the same

Both with cold weather package and AWD

Waiting to see Aprils incentives and possibly Mays. My car is due back in June and they are not offering pull ahead leasing yet. Usually they forgive last 3 payments

Thanks

dumb question, but if leasing, why would you put any money down (trade-in/etc)? Other than what you have to (tax/title/etc)?

Only asking as I was under the impression if you were leasing (vs. lease to own or purchasing), since you have to turn the car in at the end of 3 years (or whatever your lease is), you've "lost" whatever you paid down on it (it's not like you own it or anything).

More money down to get payment down

That's not how it works. The more you put down the less your payments. You pay for the difference between the purchase price and the residual value (value at the end of the lease). You pay the same total amount regardless of how you split it between payments and down payment.

The only difference is if you total the vehicle before the end of the lease and you made a big downpayment you may not get it back.

Who do you think the insurance company reimburses for the vehicle? Ford owns the vehicle, not you.

Now IF the insurance company pays Ford replacement value and they give you the difference you're probably ok, but you need to research that up front with Ford and the insurance company to be safe. Or just keep the down payment low and you don't have much to worry about.

It's the opposite of gap.

Let's say you buy the vehicle with $8K down and finance $30K. You total it. Insurance writes you a check for $38K (replacement value). You pay off the $30K and you get your $8K back.

If you lease the same vehicle with the same $8K down your payments will be low. But now if you total it, insurance sends Ford a check for $38K because Ford is the registered owner. Ford pays off your lease and keeps the balance. You're out $8K.

Now this may vary by state and Ford may have a clause that refunds you the difference but it's up to the leasing company whether they want to do that or not.

I'm just giving you a possible scenario where you could lose your big lease down payment.