Which bulb for outside mirrors 2013?

If you are referring to the puddle lamps (down firing, under the mirror) they take 31mm (30mm works too) festoon bulbs.

Did one burn out or are you looking for LEDs?

They are a process to open and re-seal (very doable). Ford typically just sells replacement fixtures with the bulbs already in them as they are sealed.

I would strongly recommend these, if you're looking to upgrade: http://drivebright.com/home/shop/v4-extreme-led-puddle-light-pack-brightest/

Edited by candurin
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, I had no idea they were called puddle lamps lol.

I always check sylvania bulb guide or whatbulb to find what I need to swap and could find anything.

I always swap all my bulbs to LED when I get a new ride so Im trying to gather up all my part numbers to make a big order then do the swap.

Thanks again!

in my opinion, they are worth it. I have tried both ways. I originally did it myself, with very good results. But, I had to saw and dremel the lenses off the housing. Then, I never felt like I was able to get a good seal when closing them back up. I finally settled on the drive bright (2 years later) and I have been very happy with them.

Again, if you DIY, it will take some work (again, doable) and you'll have to replace the OEM units if anything goes awry. Here's a good thread that goes through the steps: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/13899-diy-led-puddle-lights-install/?hl=puddle

Thanks for the replies guys I do appreciate it! I ordered some bulbs today which should be here in a couple days.

I like to do as much of my own work as I can so I don't mind cutting and gluing etc...

Ill try to take some pics along the way and load them up when I'm done incase anyone is interested.

• Like 1