Oakville Plant Question

bals13

Could someone give me an idea of how many Edge's are still waiting to get worked on. Mine was build a bunch of months ago, but is sitting around. Thanks-

Mine was ordered on Sep 29th (SEL w/vista), and I'll be recieving it on the 18th of January. So, I hope that's some what of a indication of how long of wait you'll have.

Any help here is appreciated.

1. How many Edge's/MKX's per day or per week is Oakville producing??

2. When will dealer inventory build be completed? Or has it been completed?

3. Do ordered units take build priority over dealer inventory?

4. I ordered an MKX Jan 2..dealer say it could be 4 months until I receive it.

Just wanting to check

Thx.

Could someone give me an idea of how many Edge's are still waiting to get worked on. Mine was build a bunch of months ago, but is sitting around. Thanks-

I was told last week there were 5,000 retrofits still to be done,then last night someone told me it was closer to 7,200. We are currently doing about 200 per day,sorry, not much help with your delivery question.

Any help here is appreciated.

1. How many Edge's/MKX's per day or per week is Oakville producing??

2. When will dealer inventory build be completed? Or has it been completed?

3. Do ordered units take build priority over dealer inventory?

4. I ordered an MKX Jan 2..dealer say it could be 4 months until I receive it.

Just wanting to check

Thx.

1-We are now up to 400 per 10 hr. shift or 800 per day. 2-I believe the initial 30,000 dealer stock order has been completed. 3-Yes 4- I've heard some dealers are saying 6-10 weeks but based on incoming orders (high demand) and personal experience I would bet 3 months would be a good guess.

I tracked a VIN# on Ford's internal web hub last month. It was an Edge SE no BAMR located in the Cleveland area. It was ordered on 11/01/2006, and was delivered to the dealership on 12/10/2006. Just a little over one month on a base model Edge. This was also a dealer order, not a customer pre-order. That is how I got the VIN# online. So it is possible to get an ordered Edge in about six weeks. I'm not sure however on MKX's. Based on December sales figures 1 MKX is sold for every 2 1/2 Edges, so I wouldn't think the MKX's are pouring off the assembly line. But I don't work there either, so pretty much I have no idea

I tracked a VIN# on Ford's internal web hub last month. It was an Edge SE no BAMR located in the Cleveland area. It was ordered on 11/01/2006, and was delivered to the dealership on 12/10/2006. Just a little over one month on a base model Edge. This was also a dealer order, not a customer pre-order. That is how I got the VIN# online. So it is possible to get an ordered Edge in about six weeks. I'm not sure however on MKX's. Based on December sales figures 1 MKX is sold for every 2 1/2 Edges, so I wouldn't think the MKX's are pouring off the assembly line. But I don't work there either, so pretty much I have no idea

That's a much higher sales rate than was initially projected for the MKX. Good to hear. I wonder how many they will sell in 07. I swear I read they were only projecting around 20-30,000 MKX sales this year.