Is there a recent update to Sync 3? Confused!

According to MyFord account, my 2016 Edge received a Sync update on July 2.

Here's a snapshot of the webpage:

Ford%20Sync%201_zpsp3f66nqk.jpg

But when I click on "Full Sync HIstory" I get this showing Feb 2, 2016 which is my build date, running v1.0 which is what shows on the display in the edge.

Ford%20Sync%202_zpsuyu7fv7v.jpg

So was there an update or is MyFord the issue?

According to MyFord account, my 2016 Edge received a Sync update on July 2.

Here's a snapshot of the webpage:

Ford%20Sync%201_zpsp3f66nqk.jpg

But when I click on "Full Sync HIstory" I get this showing Feb 2, 2016 which is my build date, running v1.0 which is what shows on the display in the edge.

Ford%20Sync%202_zpsuyu7fv7v.jpg

So was there an update or is MyFord the issue?

Hi Ginger Smith,

It seems that enigma-2 is correct! It looks like there was a system check, but the actual software version and installation date it listed on the history page.

Joy

Thanks Enigma-2 and Joy. Based on what I see on the display in the vehicle I would have to agree.

But......I"ve checked MyFord often since purchasing the vehicle first of March. Always showed my last confirmed update was Feb 2 which is the build date. Plus MyFord states "Your last update was confirmed on July 2, 2016". It doesn't say last check for updates was on July 2.

Since owning the vehicle I would check MyFord weekly for info and to read, up until July 2 it always said the the last update was Feb 2.

So it hasn't checked for updates for 4 months? Even though it's always connected whenever it's parked at my house? I have auto update activated and about once a month start the vehicle and wait to see if there is an update while it's connected.

What prompted my question is that when I got in the vehicle on July 3 many of the Sync settings including the climate were set to settings that were different than normal. So if there isn't an update to Sync 3 why does MyFord say an update occurred on July 2 and my settings were changed? Something had to happen.

Joy, does Sync 3 check for updates whenever connected or is there a time frame programmed into the unit for checking?

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd update this topic.

Joy replied via PM that there definitely wasn't an update. Probably a check, asked I had been to the dealer recently which I hadn't.

Just odd that my settings had been changed. With news stories of cars with the technology being hijacked and hackers taking control of vehicles the incident became a concern.